If you could pick ANY cruise????

doodlefan

Hi there

Hubby and I are planning our cruise of a lifetime, after we do Princess Crown Southern itinerary in Dec. of course. We have only ever done the Caribbean and are basically very adventurous and would love Tahiti, Hawaii, Italy, Greece, Spain or any of the above.

Of course we don't want to spend an absolute fortune, but do know that flights and these cruises are pricey.

My question is this, if you could only do a 7 or 10 night cruise, where would you go. Where have you been that absolutely moved you. Somewhere spectacular. I know all cruises are great but if we only ever get this one chance to really go for it (without our 5 kids) we want to do something that we will remember.

I don't mind an inside room if it makes it cheaper and I'm pretty saavy at finding flight deals too, so let's hear what was your favorite or if you could do any cruise what would it be?

Tara

P.S. We are Canadians, so somewhere warm helps. :)

Our favorite line is Oceania, but we haven't tried the truly upscale lines.

We loved our Venice to Athens cruise.

Personally, I wouldn't fly all the way to Europe for less than 14 days.

Well I saw QM2 has a 84 day world cruise and for the Grand Suite roughly 3 times the size of my house, I believe it was $185,000. Oh yeah, per person.

OK back to reality. For DW's & my 6th cruise and 25th anniv. we are going to do the Tahiti to Honalulu cruise w/ Princess. 12 days, you fly to Tahiti cruise to Honalulu and fly home from there. There is only 4 days at sea. Looks great.

Andee, I do think 7 days is too short to do Europe too. I think if we did a 7 night we'd at a bit of time on pre and post cruise, especially if it was Italy.

Cruisinbuddy, I just checked that itinerary out and OMG I think that is my dream cruise. Hubby was salivating just thinking of some of the fantastic dives he could do. I love the idea of starting in either Hawaii and ending in Tahiti or vice versa, that way I would get 2 of the main places on my "cruisin to do list" done. lol Thanks for your input. We are only 37 but have long ago decided that once our kids got older, we would travel again. Well, the oldest is 16 and the youngest is 8, and my sister lives a few doors down to babysit, so we are chompin' at the bit to start. For now we have the Princess Crown booked for Dec. that should keep us going for now, but I would love to know if Princess has this itinerary in April or May of 2007 because I would seriously look at it for then. Thanks for your help.

Tara

hello,

I have been on 14 cruises and two more coming up in 2006. While I have enjoyed all of our cruises, I would recommend a 12 - 14 day cruise of the British Isles and western Europe. There is lots to see and do on cruise itineraries in this part of the world. Falmouth England, LeHarve France , Bruges Belgium, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Hamburg are all very interesting ports of call.

Fred

What type of vacation do you want?

Culture- Europe

Relax-Tahiti & Hawaii

We did a 7 days & 10 days Europe cruise and every day we stop at a different port...very busy and tiring, but we did&saw a lot!

Also, did a 10 days Tahiti... even though every day we also had a different port, but because it is a total beach, sun and water sport destination. It was very relaxing and at the end of it, I can't tell the different between beaches and island:p .

Personally, I would recommand Europe (any country) because I am an active person and love experience other culture. But it maybe a good idea to see Tahiti before it turn into another Hawaii.

I spent 8 months in Greece in the 80's and have yet to see anything as beautiful since. Go Med. I don't know where you are in Canada but airfare to Europe is far cheaper in TO than it is where I live (Bflo, NY). I wouldn't let airfare stop me... And I would definitely cruise for 7 days! Vacations longer than 7 days can be bittersweet.

NCL Pride of America or Pride of Hawaii 7 night Hawaiian cruise (10 day cruise includes Fanning Islands--gorgeous). The Travel Channel just showed this cruise this past week.

Last year we flew to Hawaii and cruised back, but next time we will definetely fly both ways--perhaps spend a couple nights in California on the way over and Las Vegas on the return flight. We stop in LA to visit our little grandsons.

Mary & John

Plymouth, MA

My question is this, if you could only do a 7 or 10 night cruise, where would you go. Where have you been that absolutely moved you. Somewhere spectacular. I know all cruises are great but if we only ever get this one chance to really go for it (without our 5 kids) we want to do something that we will remember. Tara

P.S. We are Canadians, so somewhere warm helps. :)

I agree with all the posts above. We have done most everything suggested above and would recommend it all. We happen to be water fans and also like exploring historic places like Europe.

So depending on your likes (if water / sand / sun) I would do Tahiti. If you like to go go go, Europe would give you a wide variety of things to see.

If you are limited to the 7-10 days and you pick Europe (or equivalent) try to extend a couple days to explore on each end. They days we spent in Rome (prior to embarking) and the time we spent in Venice (after disembarking) were well worth the time and expense. I would have hated to sail into Venice, passing all those exciting places to visit, knowing I had a plane to catch. :(

Archived