HAL 2025 Alaska Land/Sea Tours

NYDAYD

Hello, 

I am new to this site; but I am hoping to gain a lot from Cruise Critic.

I will be planning a HAL Alaska land/sea cruise for 2025, but the prices are not available, and I was told I cannot book the land separate it

has to be booked as one tour.

Does anyone know when the package prices come out? The cruise prices are posted already, and I am worried about losing a good cabin. 

Thank you!

Some are already posted and the remainder should be soon.  Often the big box stores get the schedule early so maybe look there to see if they have more complete schedules. 

I am not sure what you mean by booking separate. If you want to use HAL’s tour package they give a wide variety of dates, durations, itineraries and options.  However you could just as well use the cruise ship to ferry you to your jump off spot, rent a car and find a lodge then cruise back a week or so later.  Princess does sell their lodges separately 

thanks Mary. 

HAL told me that if you want to do the Alaska Sea/Land package, You do the cruise then they take you by train to Denali to the McKinley chalet, then back to Anchorage. You have to wait for the Land/sea packages come out. 2025 is not out yet for those tours.

Cruise only prices are out. 

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea when those prices would be out.. the customer service at HAL did not know, they just said to keep checking.

42 minutes ago, NYDAYD said:

thanks Mary. 

HAL told me that if you want to do the Alaska Sea/Land package, You do the cruise then they take you by train to Denali to the McKinley chalet, then back to Anchorage. You have to wait for the Land/sea packages come out. 2025 is not out yet for those tours.

Cruise only prices are out. 

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea when those prices would be out.. the customer service at HAL did not know, they just said to keep checking.

There will be a couple of different versions ranging from 9 to 18 days.  We did the 14 day version but the cruise portion was only 3 or 4 days.  It was well orchestrated.  To get psyched up there is a wealth of information here, be sure to read all of the links too

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/articles-and-videos/about-alaska-cruisetours.html

Edited by Mary229

On HAL, you will have an option of doing land first or cruise first. If you want additional time on the land portion, you can arrive or or stay longer. But to book an actual "Land Cruise" package, you cannot book all the land separately - that would entail you booking 2 vacations with one being a cruise. 

We did cruise first, land after.

Prices will only be known once the cruises are published. 

AK is fabulous  - enjoy!!

On 9/6/2023 at 8:13 PM, Mary229 said:

This link from that above page is helpful in describing the various options

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/alaska-land-sea-journey-cruise-tours.html

Thank you, would you have any idea on when the 2025 prices for Alaska cruise tours will be out?