Port of Los Angeles San Pedro Questions

diazwoman61

I will be sailing the seas later this month out of this dock. I intend to park my car in whatever long-term parking is available. My question is the walking distance required from parking to the terminal and navigating the terminal to ship. Is there a shuttle? For long distances I usually use my small mobility scooter, I did not think I would need it on the ship, lots of places to sit and rest for a bit as needed but I know from my experience navigating large airports and all it could be an issue getting on the ship. I can always take it and park it on the balcony so I have it but am taking my teen grandkids on this trip so space is important..can anyone advise?

The parking lot is in front of the ship.No shuttle and depending on where you find a spot to park its 100 to 300 yards to the ship. Cost is $20 per day. Google map will give you a pretty good look. The Navigator goes from pier 92 or 93, forget which.

Click the Google map link below. You can zoom in, zoom out, spin it around, etc.

https://goo.gl/maps/Yof7f7pes5EySAtQ7

There are two possible ways to go. The first is, if one of the teen grandkids is a legal driver, they can drop you off at the terminal and then park. You could even circle the drop-off area, go around and show the grandkid where to enter to park.

If neither teen is a legal driver, and if you have an disabled parking pass, there is lots of parking and a short walk to the check-in area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

inside the terminal you can get a wheelchair & someone to push it...this is easy at San Pedro terminals although sometimes you have to wait a bit...they will take you from the entry through check in to the waiting area then you will transfer to a ship side wheelchair which will be pushed by someone in the crew to get you inside (we usually take a wheeled walker with a seat to get through check in & then use the ship wheelchair to get into the ship as it is a long walk up ramps & gangways for my BIL...you can request this before but you will probably need to ask again when you get there...we do always tip the pushing person 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

& then use the ship wheelchair to get into the ship as it is a long walk up ramps & gangways for my BIL...you can request this before but you will probably need to ask again when you get there...we do always tip the pushing person 

Yeah, what is up with that? I've never understood why you have to do that serpentine thing to board at San Pedro. We've never been in a line on the gangway, it seems so unnecessary.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

inside the terminal you can get a wheelchair & someone to push it...this is easy at San Pedro terminals although sometimes you have to wait a bit...

oh my gosh thank you! thank you! I am going to take my walker with the seat and if it is too much I will ask for a wheelchair, that is so much easier than thinking I would have to take my mobility scooter or worse give up before making it on ship.

• Like 1