Port to Port Fare and Motor Coach Transfer to Ship

JHLH821

Hello,
We booked our first Silversea cruise to Alaska and the fare includes the motorcoach transfer to the ship.  We typically fly into the departure location two days pre cruise and were originally planning on staying only 1 night in Anchorage,(at a bed and breakfast), then taking a bus to Seward for 1 night, then boarding the following day.

I have read that SS no longer mails luggage tags in advance and that passengers who have the transfer and are not staying at the SS hotel register at the  convention center.  Does anyone have experience with this? Would we receive luggage tags at the convention center?

Thank you
Leta

Post is not completely clear about whether "convention center" is in Anchorage or Seward.

When we took one of these cruises, we took the (sort of scenic, a bit worn) train to Seward and stayed in Seward two nights. On the day of departure we took luggage to the port and dropped off a few hours ahead of boarding. It was a building a short walk from the actual terminal.

I don't remember luggage tags but maybe they gave us a bag check??

13 minutes ago, pavementends said:

Post is not completely clear about whether "convention center" is in Anchorage or Seward.

When we took one of these cruises, we took the (sort of scenic, a bit worn) train to Seward and stayed in Seward two nights. On the day of departure we took luggage to the port and dropped off a few hours ahead of boarding. It was a building a short walk from the actual terminal.

I don't remember luggage tags but maybe they gave us a bag check??

The transfer would be from Anchorage to Seward. We are leaning towards travelling to Seward and staying there one night- but we have time to decide.

It's the Anchorage Convention Center. That's where the buses depart from for Port to Port passengers. I'm sure you'll get your luggage tags there, as they take all but your hand luggage away from you,  transport it separately to the ship, and put it in your suite.

Personally, I'd stay the extra day in Anchorage and take the Silversea bus.

47 minutes ago, alithecat said:

It's the Anchorage Convention Center. That's where the buses depart from for Port to Port passengers. I'm sure you'll get your luggage tags there, as they take all but your hand luggage away from you,  transport it separately to the ship, and put it in your suite.

Personally, I'd stay the extra day in Anchorage and take the Silversea bus.

Thank you for this information

5 hours ago, JHLH821 said:

The transfer would be from Anchorage to Seward. We are leaning towards travelling to Seward and staying there one night- but we have time to decide.

We spent a couple of nights in Seward.  Small town Edgewater hotel was nothing to write home about but it had a balcony with direct view of the Bay.  We did a whale/bird/glacier tour that was fabulous and got right up to calving glacier you could hear it creaking and the seals were floating on the ice pieces.  Also went to the SeaLife aquarium and did the behind-the-scenes puffin feeding which was fun and a couple blocks from the hotel.