Arvia Dining

CCFC

I seem to remember a post on here about Arvia only being Freedom dining, is that right?

I have just booked a cruise on her and there is sort of the option to do early or late sitting, I say sort of as it says closed next to it but it can be picked, IT glitch?

10 minutes ago, CCFC said:

I seem to remember a post on here about Arvia only being Freedom dining, is that right?

I have just booked a cruise on her and there is sort of the option to do early or late sitting, I say sort of as it says closed next to it but it can be picked, IT glitch?

Yes. Freedom only in MDR.

1 hour ago, CCFC said:

Freedom Dining only, but as MDR capacity on Arvia is very stretched (with only 2 MDRs, versus 4 on sister ship Iona), there had been the facility for those who like to dine very early to book tables. I don’t know if that’s still an option, but there are several posters who have been on Arvia recently who can confirm. 

Just come off arivia.  You can book the MDR in advance (via Cruise personaliser) for times from 5.30pm to 6.30pm. After that you go and may get given a pager or join the virtual queue.  Once onboard we found that times up to 5.45pm were still available to book and we did that as we are happy to eat early.
On the formal nights they have an extra option "Chefs Table" which is actually part of the Buffet area with waiter service and that has fixed times of 6pm and 8pm.

On a different issue for entertainment we found that the main theatre and some other free venues are often fully booked but in practice if you just turn up you will normally get in as there are a lot of no shows.

• Like 2