Which suite on Emerald?

chill6x6

Greetings,

I've cruised Princess once several years ago in a mini-suite.  I've cruised Royal mostly but NCL, Carnival, HAL, and Celebrity as well.

It looks like the Emerald Princess currently has one of the few true "partial transit" Panama Canal cruises.  It's 12 days and that's about the maximum amount of time I can get away.  

So we like to stay in suites.  Which would you pick on the Emerald?  Currently I have D736 on hold.  I like the aft location and looks like it has a large balcony which we also like. It's hard to judge stateroom size as it looks as if the general suite layouts are very similar.

Appreciate any comments!

28 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

Greetings,

I've cruised Princess once several years ago in a mini-suite.  I've cruised Royal mostly but NCL, Carnival, HAL, and Celebrity as well.

It looks like the Emerald Princess currently has one of the few true "partial transit" Panama Canal cruises.  It's 12 days and that's about the maximum amount of time I can get away.  

So we like to stay in suites.  Which would you pick on the Emerald?  Currently I have D736 on hold.  I like the aft location and looks like it has a large balcony which we also like. It's hard to judge stateroom size as it looks as if the general suite layouts are very similar.

Appreciate any comments!

That's an excellent cabin choice! Book it Danno!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

We have the same ship/same cabin booked for a full transit west to east (some will quibble that it's south to north) next year.

Those Vista suites are our favorites and we always ask to mark them "no upgrade." We love the aft location. Those cabins are roomy and comfortable, with a great view. Also quiet, being that they are at the end of the hallway and have no neighbor on one side. 

The buffet, Terrace Pool and Club Fusion are all easily accessible from the aft elevators. Some of our favorite spots. 🙂

Edited to add that you may read some discussion about the small beam, but with the table and chairs on one side, and the loungers on the other, we don't find it impacts our balcony time in any way.

Edited by MJC
  • Like 1

We were in an aft facing suite on the Emerald deck of the Emerald Princess for a full transit and loved it.  We've had those suites a few times but have switched to midship suites for our upcoming cruise because of my husband's mobility problems.  It's a long walk from those suites to the elevators so midship is easier. Enjoy!

• Like 1

We were in a penthouse suite on our last cruise on the Royal and have booked an Owner's Suite on the Emerald in November.  We did not even know there were such things and are looking to see how different it will be compared to a penthouse suite.

• Like 1