Silver Shadow Medallion Suite

sea bright

Has anyone stayed in a Medallion Suite on the Shadow since the re-fit? How did you like it? In particular, how was the shower and how was the balcony? Was the shower bigger than a regular Veranda shower? How does it compare to a Silver Suite shower? Does the balcony fit a lounge chair?

We love Silver Suites on the Muse class ships, but have only been in Verandas on the Shadow. We are considering a Medallion or a Silver Suite for a cruise on the Shadow from LA to Tahiti. Thoughts of those who have been in a Medallion and/or a Silver Suite on the Shadow are appreciated!

• 4 months later...

I have the same question regarding the Medallion suite on the Shadow.  It's right below the pool deck and I'm wondering if the scraping of deck chairs each day will be my wake up call...

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/30/2024 at 1:39 AM, admranger said:

I have the same question regarding the Medallion suite on the Shadow.  It's right below the pool deck and I'm wondering if the scraping of deck chairs each day will be my wake up call...

Have stayed in Medallion suite on Shadow back in 2015. Obviously it will have been refurbished at least once since then but you are right about scraping of chairs on the pool deck above. This was very noticeable both mornings and evenings (setting up and clearing away). It's a nice sized balcony though and just that bit more spacious - if you can tolerate the noise from above! 

Also, although I don't think this is a thing anymore, there was a sandle maker stall set up on the pool deck above us so we heard a lot of tapping and hammering from that during the day. 

As a rule, we now never stay on the deck immediately below any pool area! 

Edited by RetiredOnVacation
  • Like 1

Can't remember the shower @sea bright-maybe need to refer to the suite plan. But the balcony is no deeper than the neighboring suites (Owners & Silver, but these are same as Veranda too), just half as wide again as a Veranda, so I guess iirc there's not a lot of space for lounger to face out to sea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1