Rent a car to get from Orland Airport to Port Canaveral

ccdude100

Has anyone ever done this? We are considering doing so for our upcoming cruise....seems like a convenient (and inexpensive!) way to get from Orlando airport to cruise terminal.

From what I understand, many car rental companies offer free shuttles to the cruise terminal??

Your opinions on this matter would be greatly appreicated!

We used budget, they have a location at the airport as well as not to far from the terminal. They will shuttle you back to the port. Just drop the family off, take the vehicle back and budget will bring you back. Just make sure you have photo ID. Shuttle was free we just gave the guy a tip. He was also waiting to pick people up and take them back to budget if they are getting a car for the trip back to the airport.

Kim

If you're going to do this to get back just pray your ship isn't delayed because most of the rental offices close at 3 PM on a Saturday in PC. I had the wonderful misfortune of having to then pay $25 pp to get a shuttle to the airport to go get the car.

I have reserved 2 cars (one each way) with Budget for our Sensation cruise next month. Budget is the closest to the the Port these days I believe. We used to use Avis when they were in the Radisson, but they have moved a little farther down the road. I think National has a location in Cocoa Beach, but I am not sure they offer a shuttle.

It's a fairly simple process, and if you have more than 2 people or time to kill, I think it's the best option.

Archived