Cancellations

silverlady59

I would certainly expect that you should not lose anything.

Such a rebooking should allow transferring your cruise credit, But, check with your agent, or, if no agent is involved, contact NCL directly. They will supply a quick answer for you.

Hopefully, the rules on your side of the pond are the same as over here.

35 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

I would certainly expect that you should not lose anything.

Such a rebooking should allow transferring your cruise credit, But, check with your agent, or, if no agent is involved, contact NCL directly. They will supply a quick answer for you.

Hopefully, the rules on your side of the pond are the same as over here.

Rules across the pond are absolutely different.  I believe the "cancellation" fee is the deposit, so yes the CN certificate would be lost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I cannot dispute your answer, rules do vary among the cruise lines.

As for the U.S. rules for NCL, the deposit is refundable before the final payment date, which in this case, is about 10 months from now. Furthermore, even if they do have a forfeiture policy for cancelling, perhaps not so in this case, as the OP wants to rebook - making this a change of reservation, not an outright cancellation.

3 hours ago, silverlady59 said:

I booked a cruise for November 2024, I used a cruise credit as the deposit, I have now seen the same cruise about £600 cheaper, will I lose the credit if I cancel the cruise and rebook it straight away?

The terms and conditions for the UK are within: (Hopefully you can find your answer within.)

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions-ceuk

2 hours ago, destar said:

With NCL, you can cancel anytime before final payment (120 days) without any penalty. Any deposit will be refunded to same form of payment (CC, Cruisefirst/Cruisenext).

That is true for cruises booked through the US offices of NCL.  For UK passengers, however, the rules are different.  The OP likely will lose the deposit for rebooking to get the current lower fare.

• Thanks 1

It’s hit & miss for European customers, I managed to get my deposit transferred to a different cruise pre covid. I don’t know what they’d do if you’re rebooking to the same cruise, I suspect it will depend on the agent you are dealing with. 
in terms of getting back a cruise next certificate, that may very well depend on the original terms associated with the certificate you used.

e.g. I booked a 2023 cruise for a friend with a cert of mine that was due to expire December 31, 2022 but could be used for sailing through 2023. If I was to cancel that booking I’d lose that certificate entirely as it would no longer be valid. That one is a bit of an odd example because it was a certificate purchased pre-covid which had it’s validity extended  as a result of the shutdowns. 

• Like 1

Thanks to all fellow cruisers who took the time to post regarding cancelling and rebooking the same cruise. My travel agent spoke to/with NCL today and the upshot is that after an adjustment by NCL, and a fee of £35 I have had £455 knocked off the original cruise price and the cruise next deposit was still good for the booking, so a good result all round.

• Like 2