Laundry on the Explorer

5waldos

I have read that there is a laundry room available and that the is not a laundry room available on the Explorer. The deck plans show one next to the beauty salon but someplace on the website it says no. Does anyone know for sure one way or the other? Beginning to pack and it will make a difference. I know that I can have laundry done but I'd rather just throw in a few extra tees.  

Edited by 5waldos

There always was one on deck 4 next to the salon, where the deck plans show it. We used to get suite 427 all the time (when it was a double suite; now they've divided it in two, 427 and 429, so our old suite doesn't exist). That suite was adjacent to the reception desk so the launderette was right across the hall. We did tons of laundry there on our first few voyages.

We haven't been on Explorer in a while. On our last sailing on board, we had booked the (old) 427 and they refurbished the ship after we booked, eliminating our cabin. So we got upgraded to 701, which included laundry. But the laundrette was still there IIRC.