Holiday travel

How is cruise travel over Christmas week? I just booked a 6 night cruise on the Enchantment, Dec 28. I have heard these cruises are very full and LOTS of kids. (I have four older kids so to me that is not necessarily a bad thing).

Thanks!

Exactly, very full of kids judging from some of the posts here. I would love to go during that week. I think someone here mentioned that instead of buying all the Christmas presents, the whole family goes on a cruise every year that week. That's an awesome idea.

Have fun! :D

yup! Give the family a holiday to remember!!!

I just can't do that because I am on duty then more than ever. It is really tough to get someone to fill in....and as a preacher, I am not sure that I EVER want to sacrifice being with my people on the holy days.

However, I am pleasantly envious of those who do so...just like my secretary and her family last Christmas....spending it in Jamaica....ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Go for it and have fun!

Best Regards!

Yes, it is more expensive to travel during the holidays...

with kids in College you don't have much choice.

What a great week to travel if you have kids ..the ship is filled with little to college age kids.

We have been on 2 holidays cruises..this year we're taking our 3rd. Last year we celebrated Hannukah,Christmas and New Years Eve.

May be a little noisey..but most folks are happy!

We did skip Christmas presents this last year in exchange for our holiday cruise. We paid alot more than the normal rate for the cruise due to it being over the major holidays. All would have been great had it not been for one horrendous family that likes to take over that particular ship over Christmas. We had hoped it would have been fixed this year, but it wasn't. With that said, I would cruise during Christmas again as the rest of the kids on the ship were very well behaved - just not on that ship! I would pick Christmas over Spring Break any day!

It was awesome to spend the holidays on the ship! We just kept saying how great it was to be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean sunning by the pool on our way to Hawaii on Christmas Day! Couldn't get much better than that, especially since hour homeland area was in the middle of a freakish rain storm! LOL The decorations are wonderful and add extra festivity. Not sure if they will take the Christmas decorations down while you are embarking or not, since Christmas will be done.

Now you will be sailing after Christmas, but will get to celebrate the New Year on the ship! That was fun and everyone seems to take the opportunity to go all out with their attire. As you can see, we are booked and looking forward to another New Year's at sea... but with no children in our party this time! ;)

Have a great cruise!!!

My husband and I were on the Grandeur last Christmas - it was great! Plenty of children, but no problems. It was 10 degrees when we left home, so it was a real treat to be relaxing on a beach in Cozumel in 80 degree weather on Christmas Eve, sipping a cold drink!

How is cruise travel over Christmas week? I just booked a 6 night cruise on the Enchantment, Dec 28. I have heard these cruises are very full and LOTS of kids. (I have four older kids so to me that is not necessarily a bad thing).

Thanks!

Ellen: Welcome to my world! And to my cruise. :D You have selected the most expensive week to cruise of the entire year.

Yes, New Year's cruises command a large premium. But they are fabulous. Come join our Roll Call. (link in my signature below)

Archived