MyDrinks Plus - on Costa Firenze with no minibar in the cabin

carbrons

I am going on Costa Firenze from Copenhagen to Barcelona this Saturday, and want to buy a drinks package.

I am considering the MyDrinks Plus package, but just found out that Costa Firenze does not have a minibar in the cabin (balcony). Having access to drinks in the cabin is one of the things I wanted from this package.

Has anyone tried the MyDrinks Plus on Costa Firenze or similar ship without a minibar? Maybe the cabin steward can bring a bunch of drinks to the cabin and some ice to keep them cold? Do you know if that's possible?

Thank you.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:54 AM, carbrons said:

I am going on Costa Firenze from Copenhagen to Barcelona this Saturday, and want to buy a drinks package.

I am considering the MyDrinks Plus package, but just found out that Costa Firenze does not have a minibar in the cabin (balcony). Having access to drinks in the cabin is one of the things I wanted from this package.

Has anyone tried the MyDrinks Plus on Costa Firenze or similar ship without a minibar? Maybe the cabin steward can bring a bunch of drinks to the cabin and some ice to keep them cold? Do you know if that's possible?

Thank you.

Follow up:

I talked to Costa and they informed me that I'll be able to order certain drinks from room service free of charge, because of the missing mini bar.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Never tried to order drinks from room service. We just carried the drinks with us to the cabin balcony. The MyDrinks Plus is very limited and expensive compared to the basic MyDrinks - some "premium" drinks are included and you can order a drink made of a specific brand instead of a generic "gin tonic".   See my older post about Toscana menus. Even if the ship is not same it should be similar enough to give a rough idea what are the differences in those two packages. However if there was a minibar in the cabin I might consider the Plus package just for the convince factor. 

Last time I needed ice I just walked to the bar and asked if I could have some ice cubes. The bar tender asked then "How many?" I answered that  "a few for some medical usage". The bar tender grabbed a glass and filled it with ice and gave it to me.  

1 hour ago, Luffe said:

Never tried to order drinks from room service. We just carried the drinks with us to the cabin balcony. The MyDrinks Plus is very limited and expensive compared to the basic MyDrinks - some "premium" drinks are included and you can order a drink made of a specific brand instead of a generic "gin tonic".   See my older post about Toscana menus. Even if the ship is not same it should be similar enough to give a rough idea what are the differences in those two packages. However if there was a minibar in the cabin I might consider the Plus package just for the convince factor. 

Last time I needed ice I just walked to the bar and asked if I could have some ice cubes. The bar tender asked then "How many?" I answered that  "a few for some medical usage". The bar tender grabbed a glass and filled it with ice and gave it to me.  

Thank you!

I ended up booking the Plus package, since it was "only" 11 euros extra per day, and want it for the convenience factor as well as having a better selection in beers, drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice, mineral water in bottles etc. 

It would certainly be easier just having a minibar compared to using room service, but hopefully I can get them to bring more than one beverage at a time and then use an ice cooler or similar in the cabin.