Lippy you must be getting so excited!!

EPD

Hi Lippy, if you are on this board in the next little while can you give me a quick update about whats happening with your wedding plans. Would love to hear how things have come together now that it is so close!!!! Can you please let me know what your hotel is like? Best of luck!!

Erin & Brent
"Friends are the family that you choose for yourself"

HI EPD,

I haven't been around much cause it's been really busy at work, I just wrote an exam last night, we bought a house........life's been crazy. The wedding - I forgot there is a wedding in between all of that! I will definitely let you know about the hotel - we will be there for 3 nights before the cruise and 4 nights after - so I will give you an update by the end of July. My dress has been in Vancouver since March so I hope it still fits when I get there next month! The favours (pewter christmass ornaments) are all packaged and together, I just need to make a list of must take pictures and find some hair ideas. Other than that I am trying not to worry about the little stuff. We had to send the complete guest list in last week - it wasn't easy getting non-sailing guests to confirm and the list completely changed so many times - I am glad that is done!

How are plans going for you?

Lippy

Plans are going good for me. Its getting exciting now. I can't wait to get everything confirmed for the wedding. One month till that happens. My RSVP's were rolling in really good and now they have just kind of stopped. I need to contact my TA again for everyone's booking numbers so that I can have the early boarding list ready to submit with the non-sailing security list. Next month I am going for some trial styles with my hairdresser and the one that works is the one I will take pictures of to take with me to show the hairdresser in VAncouver. I still need to decide what kind of favors I am going to bring. Totally unknown!!!

Congratulations on the purchase of your own home.

Best of luck to you and yours and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!

Erin & Brent

Hi EPD, Hi Lippy!

EPD, long time to "see." [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Can you believe how close it's getting? I can't wait to hear all about both of your big days! My count down is at 98 days now. I can't believe when I booked the wedding it was over 200!! Time is just FLYING!

Favors.... ya know I hadn't thought about those. Do you think that's something we should do despite the fact that we're only having 12 people attend? and there's no formal reception? I dunno... I guess either way it would be nice to show them some gratitude for coming. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Best of luck to you both with the plans!!

~Katie

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;17;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Till our wedding cruise!!

newbie5489,

I want to do something nice for our 60 guests but I still am not sure what that will be. I only have 65 days left so I guess I had better get this favor thing figured out. Well with 12 people you could do something personal for them. Nice picture frame or something along those lines.....are you getting married the first day aboard the ship or later in the cruise. If its later in the cruise then you could find something in one of the ports or on board the ship for everyone.

I have my guest book and thats as far as I have made it. Ugh!!! Soon here we will have to confirm all of the wedding plans, around July 15th I believe!!!

Where are you getting married? I know that you have posted it but I can't remember and I don't feel like searching!!

Erin & Brent

• 2 weeks later...
We're the ones getting married in Baltimore on the ship before leaving port. All of our guests are "non-sailing." Our date is 9/17.

Picture frames sounds like a good idea. Maybe have them engraved or something.

It's crazy how fast time flies!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;17;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Till our wedding cruise!!

Hey Lippy,

Its getting so close now. You must be excited....I still have 48 days to go and I can barely focus on work. I can't imagine what I will be like when its under 30 to go!!! Hope everything is wonderful....best of luck to you and yours!!!

Hi EPD,

Only 11 days to go! Actually work has been so busy that I don't even know what day of the week it is but things are getting better - I guess that's what happens when I plan on being off the month of July! Anyway, I will be packing this weekend and we fly to Vancouver on Thursday. I will let you know what the hotel is like and everything else when we get back.

Lippy

Ok, you left today for Vancouver. I hope your flight was good.

Now I have to wait at least 10 days to hear how everything went.

I can't wait for you to get back and post your review!!!

Thinking of you and sending you lots of postive energy....I am sure everything will run beautifully.

Erin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dying to hear how eveything went.

With my wedding only two weeks away I am hoping for a positive review because we are like the only two people on these boards that is doing a wedding up in this end of the world!!

Erin

Hi Erin,

Sorry it took so long to respond but today is my first day back to work. Everything was wonderful and turned out better than expected!!! We had great weather for the wedding and the entire cruise - we really lucked out.

Tip - Make sure you have copies of everything that you were quoted - I was lucky that I did when it came to buying our photographs and it saved us a ton of money.

You are probably most interested in the hotel - we really liked the Blue Horizon - we stayed there 3 nights pre and 4 nights post cruise. The location is great - we walked to Stanley Park in about 15 minutes and not to mention all the shopping and dining in the area.

If you have any questions ask away!!

Mrs. Lippy

Well its great to hear everything went well. And I am happy that the hotel is nice. Its a little scary when you book something just off of pictures on the internet.

Do you have pictures? Will you be posting them on the internet? If not could you email me at [email]epd1@hotmail.com[/email] and I will respond back through my email that can receive pictures. I would love to see some shots.

I can't believe that there is still 11 days till my wedding. Its been a long time arriving!!!

Congratulations again!!

Archived