Arcadia or Aurora?

babs135

The ships are both "of an age", both a similar size, both adult only. They have a different layout, but facilities are much of a muchness. The ambience is much the same. Some prefer one over another, but I can't say I have a strong preference either way.

I would choose which itinerary I prefer (if there is a difference), sailing dates, availability of preferred cabin(s), and price.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

The main difference is that Aurora has far more alternative dining options to choose from, other than that both are grand ladies with lots of style (personal opinion only)

I would also choose Aurora for the better choice of dining and also because Aurora has a decent cinema 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In addition to what others have said, Aurora has a grander atrium. Also the Vivo coffee shop is better located compared to the rather dark and cramped one on Arcadia. And the lifts are more sensibly laid out. (Arcadia's three sets of two by the midship stairwell are particularly annoying. The call buttons only work for the set they are located by, and even if a lift in another set should happen to stop at that deck the sets are too far apart to get across in time.) Arcadia has a very impressive theatre, though. Also the location of the public loos is more predictable on Arcadia, whereas they seem to be placed rather at random on Aurora.

Overall I think Aurora has the edge, but there isn't a huge amount in it. 

Edited by jh1809
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

We have gone for the July Arcadia one…simply because we refer the itinerary ( slightly) …and its a bit cheaper! 

Yes, love both but Aurora is more expensive, especially for a balcony. As you say, itinerary may be a deciding factor. Have a great cruise. 

• Like 3