Using AARP and Educator Credit...can I do both...on more than one cruise?

AryMay

On 9/12/2023 at 5:51 PM, AryMay said:

I have been verified for the Educator Credit and the AARP credit. I have email confirmations for both dated several days before booking a B2B cruise in 2024.

How were you able to get email confirmations for these credits? I qualify for both but unlike the shareholder benefit, have not been able to get a voyage-specific email confirmation for either. (i.e. "your AARP credit has been applied to booking # xxxxxx"). I like to take these emails aboard as proof, in case they are not applied. 

Edited by Infi

Just checked my profile on the HAL site and the onboard credits section is blank, even though I have several cruises booked and previous confirmations from HAL that I qualify for both AARP and educator credits. 

Does anyone know when (or if) these show up in the onboard credits section?

1 hour ago, Infi said:

How were you able to get email confirmations for these credits? I qualify for both but unlike the shareholder benefit, have not been able to get a voyage-specific email confirmation for either. (i.e. "your AARP credit has been applied to booking # xxxxxx"). I like to take these emails aboard as proof, in case they are not applied. 

We got our email certifications in late August after we successfully applied for the AARP and Military Appreciation programs via the "Sheerid" process. The only HAL notifications we received with regards the AARP and Military OBC finally being added to our booking a few days ago was in the new confirmation we received under the Onboard Credit section (page 1) after our TA confirmed my DW got the $200 AARP OBC and I got the $100 Military OBC.

image.png.aa5fc81d0a40fd78fb4a0d9576cf57d6.png

We didn't have any other OBC at the time except for what we got with the HIA Early Booking perk which is referenced in a different section on page 3 of the confirmation. Just to make sure you may want to contact your TA/PCC to have them send you a new HAL confirmation to see what's actually listed.