New Excursion area?

BillOh

We will be in Nassau Sunday with 4 other ships. I've been here 12 times so far and the security lines coming back can be long if there are a lot of ships.  I was last there in May of 22 and the area at the bottom of this webcam pic was not finished. Is it an area for excursions to come and go, does this help with security lines?

image.thumb.png.a34f09b31db33db2835139c50b7260c9.png

That area in the bottom of your image with the smaller docks, that is part of the new Port Area. It is so great to just stroll along those sidewalks and waterfront area.  No excursion needed, they sometimes hold concerts in that large white dome shaped tent thing towards the center right.  The buildings in the photo are also new local shops.  I visited in June 2023 and it was such a great upgrade, no locals haggling, no taxi drivers trying to take me on tours, just a nice relaxed walking area.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got back last week and our excursion brought us here.  Its an easier walk back to the terminal security that it was before.  IMO they still could add signs saying which way back to the ship. But I guess that is obvious and they don't want to distract you from the nearby vendor area which is visible, but out of the way enough to not have the heavy solicitations.