date of first deposit to qualify pre existing waiver

Local (NYS) senior citizen center sponsoring a cruise for March 2024.  Checks for a 500 deposit retained until had enough travelers sign up. By August 30 had enough interest to go ahead with the cruise using our checks which were deposited in the senior citizen account.  I had mailed my check in June showing cashed in August.  They are now collecting checks for final payment amount and the cruise will be purchased end of September. The are telling I qualify for the waiver as no funds have been given until final payment. I called the insurance company they are using and they claim June would count as my first payment...not when cashed....even though cruise tour not a given as yet.

I have a few days left  to qualify for a waiver if  date they cashed the 500 dollar deposit counts.  Check had been made out  to The Senior Center Trips/Tours. Hope this is clear lol

What do you think?  Thanks, JoAnne

1 hour ago, JoAnneNYI said:

Local (NYS) senior citizen center sponsoring a cruise for March 2024.  Checks for a 500 deposit retained until had enough travelers sign up. By August 30 had enough interest to go ahead with the cruise using our checks which were deposited in the senior citizen account.  I had mailed my check in June showing cashed in August.  They are now collecting checks for final payment amount and the cruise will be purchased end of September. The are telling I qualify for the waiver as no funds have been given until final payment. I called the insurance company they are using and they claim June would count as my first payment...not when cashed....even though cruise tour not a given as yet.

I have a few days left  to qualify for a waiver if  date they cashed the 500 dollar deposit counts.  Check had been made out  to The Senior Center Trips/Tours. Hope this is clear lol

What do you think?  Thanks, JoAnne

Hi JoAnne,

I'm sorry the senior citizen center gave you the wrong information.

The 1st payment is the date you wrote the check whether or not it was cashed.

That date won't matter if you don't need the pre-existing medical conditions coverage. You may learn more about the Pre-Existing Medical Conditions coverage here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/how-travel-insurance-pre-existing-medical-conditions-coverage-works/

I know four plans you may buy as a NY resident that cover Pre-Existing Medical Conditions if purchased by your Final Payment date.

Steve Dasseos

Edited by iamtrustworthy
typo