Entering The Australian Market

wynkys

Virgin, like many other service organisations, did not carry out due diligence when entering a new market.

I have just been through the rather tortuous process of making a new booking online for a Dec 24 cruise

out of Melbourne.

In the payment options offered, I was given the opportunity to pay by installments. However, when I attempted

to do so, the screen froze. After some delay I eventually spoke to their phone service only to be told after some

further fussing around that that option is not available to Australians. How easy would it be to make that statement

up front?

Let's hope that they get their local operations sorted out by this December's Mermaiden voyage.

1 hour ago, wynkys said:

Virgin, like many other service organisations, did not carry out due diligence when entering a new market.

I have just been through the rather tortuous process of making a new booking online for a Dec 24 cruise

out of Melbourne.

In the payment options offered, I was given the opportunity to pay by installments. However, when I attempted

to do so, the screen froze. After some delay I eventually spoke to their phone service only to be told after some

further fussing around that that option is not available to Australians. How easy would it be to make that statement

up front?

Let's hope that they get their local operations sorted out by this December's Mermaiden voyage.

They did something to their IT systems last weekend, nothing has worked well since.