Does Carnival have guarantee bookings

MoniMommy

I usually travel Royal Caribbean and always get a balcony guarantee. However, this option is never on yhe website. You must call. Is Carnival the same? I was on the website to book a cruise on the Sunshine leaving from Norfolk in 2025. There was no option to book a guarantee. If I call will that be an option? 

13 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I usually travel Royal Caribbean and always get a balcony guarantee. However, this option is never on yhe website. You must call. Is Carnival the same? I was on the website to book a cruise on the Sunshine leaving from Norfolk in 2025. There was no option to book a guarantee. If I call will that be an option? 

There are guarantee rooms available for Sunshine out of Norfolk in 2025 on line it is called "rooms will be assigned"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Yes, but it's done a bit differently.  If you go through the booking, select the room category, there will be different options under the category, and if available, one will say "Room Will Be Assigned Assigned."

With that said, sometimes it will depend on the offer code being used and what inventory is available under that offer code.  

We actually just booked the Sunshine out of Norfolk for March 2025!  Pretty sure there were options booking unassigned rooms.

And also with all that said, I can usually see guaranteed cabins on RCI when booking on the website without having to call, if available.  They seem to change inventory and options available practically everyday lol.

6 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Thanks for the replies. I did manage to find it. But I see why I was confused. At Royal choosing a guarantee room gives you a discount of 1 to 300 dollars. There doesn't seem to be any such discount with the Carnival guarantee rooms.

Sometimes it is different, depending how the ship is selling I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoniMommy said:

Thanks for the replies. I did manage to find it. But I see why I was confused. At Royal choosing a guarantee room gives you a discount of 1 to 300 dollars. There doesn't seem to be any such discount with the Carnival guarantee rooms.

Generally Carnival shows the cheapest price on carnival.com, so that is already the guarantee rate. The default with Carnival seems to be guarantee rates, and you pay extra if you prefer to choose your own room

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Generally Carnival shows the cheapest price on carnival.com, so that is already the guarantee rate. The default with Carnival seems to be guarantee rates, and you pay extra if you prefer to choose your own room

Thanks! Good to know!