Longtime NCL cruiser, first time MSC; any tips or things that I need to be aware of?

Warm-Water Diver

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

MSC concentrates on "non verbal" entertainment because of the multi-language issue.

For the record...I'm a B'way fan....once a month or so.  I have no issue with the quality of the MSC singers/dancers

That's awesome, I was born and raised in the Hudson Valley and monthly trips to Broadway was my childhood all the way through college. Liza Minelli in The Act was my first show and then my sister married the second "Mr Mistofelles" from the original production of Cats 30+ years ago. I was basically a Broadway backstage rat after that until I moved into television production. The highlight will always be Yul Brynner in the King and I. I didn't even want to go, my parents dragged me, but when that scrim suddenly lit up from behind and there he was, dang, chills right up my neck. 🙂

The singers were pretty good on Seaside but it was the choreography and lack of discipline by the dancers that actually had us giggling during the shows. There were a couple of males and one female in particular who just could not keep up with everyone else. And some of the overall choreography in Peter Punk reminded me of our high school production of Pirates of Penzance. Nothing wrong with it, and it is entertaining, just not nearly as sharp as NCL, Royal Caribbean or Princess productions.