I am becoming increasingly worried about all of the COVID stuff and that those policies will be enforced before my cruise which leaves on May 14, 2024.  I paid the deposit in June so I'm told that it is too late to get CFAR or any pre-existing condition insurance.  If that is the case, do I have to cancel my trip and rebook it, risking losing all of the incentives that I received as a result of booking it when I did, in order to get CFAR and pre-existing medical insurance?  I've also heard about insurance policies where you insure the deposit only and increase it before final payment.  I'm three months away from final payment and trying to figure out the best way forward to insure my trip as this is a very expensive cruise.  

3 minutes ago, babydrum said:

I am becoming increasingly worried about all of the COVID stuff and that those policies will be enforced before my cruise which leaves on May 14, 2024.  I paid the deposit in June so I'm told that it is too late to get CFAR or any pre-existing condition insurance.  If that is the case, do I have to cancel my trip and rebook it, risking losing all of the incentives that I received as a result of booking it when I did, in order to get CFAR and pre-existing medical insurance?  I've also heard about insurance policies where you insure the deposit only and increase it before final payment.  I'm three months away from final payment and trying to figure out the best way forward to insure my trip as this is a very expensive cruise.  

Hi babydrum,

On May 4, 2009 I wrote this Blog that you might find to be helpful:

Does Rebooking My Cruise Reset My Initial Deposit Date?

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/does-rebooking-my-cruise-reset-my-initial-deposit-date/

You will see this in the post:
"The only way it’s treated as a new trip with a new deposit date is if you can show documentation that the following is true:

• You completely cancelled the first cruise along with all other travel arrangements and
  • You received 100% of your money back from all your travel arrangements as either a credit card credit or in the form of a check made payable to you and
  • Your new trip has different travel dates than the trip you cancelled."

Steve Dasseos

2 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi babydrum,

On May 4, 2009 I wrote this Blog that you might find to be helpful:

Does Rebooking My Cruise Reset My Initial Deposit Date?

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/does-rebooking-my-cruise-reset-my-initial-deposit-date/

You will see this in the post:
"The only way it’s treated as a new trip with a new deposit date is if you can show documentation that the following is true:

• You completely cancelled the first cruise along with all other travel arrangements and
  • You received 100% of your money back from all your travel arrangements as either a credit card credit or in the form of a check made payable to you and
  • Your new trip has different travel dates than the trip you cancelled."

Steve Dasseos

I have non-refundable costs of $25 pp for the airline mileage ticket, but the rest is refundable so I guess I'm out of luck.  The cruise dates would be the same but would my airline dates change the travel dates if I left a day earlier or returned a day later?  Is there any insurance that I could buy that would cover pre-existing conditions since I haven't made final payment?  I'm not worried about any pre-existing conditions in particular but I've read from other people that they will count things that you weren't even aware of.  If not, I may just cancel my trip.  It'll only cost me $50 in cancellation fees and I'll save over $25,000 out of pocket if something happens that prevents me from going.

On 9/14/2023 at 2:32 PM, babydrum said:

I have non-refundable costs of $25 pp for the airline mileage ticket, but the rest is refundable so I guess I'm out of luck.  The cruise dates would be the same but would my airline dates change the travel dates if I left a day earlier or returned a day later?  Is there any insurance that I could buy that would cover pre-existing conditions since I haven't made final payment?  I'm not worried about any pre-existing conditions in particular but I've read from other people that they will count things that you weren't even aware of.  If not, I may just cancel my trip.  It'll only cost me $50 in cancellation fees and I'll save over $25,000 out of pocket if something happens that prevents me from going.

Hi babydrum,

I have four plans that cover pre-existing conditions if bought by final payment. You may send me your trip details on this form:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-email-contact-form/

Steve Dasseos

19 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi babydrum,

I have four plans that cover pre-existing conditions if bought by final payment. You may send me your trip details on this form:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-email-contact-form/

Steve Dasseos

Steve, I emailed you the info yesterday in reply to your email.