Vikand Medical screening

Wildcat85

Hello. Has anyone used Hurtigruten’s medical screening company named Vikand? Any input or impressions to share? One of my questions is whether they will provide me adequate documentation to file a claim with my health insurance. What kind of proof of the evaluation do you get? Do they give you results and any diagnoses? I hope the receipt clearly  indicates it is for medical services. It isn’t cheap so I hope to get some refund from my company’s insurance. Thanks for any thoughts. 

• 3 months later...

@Wildcat85 Since it's been several months since your post I assume you either got your answer or went ahead and booked. We just completed our Vikand online medical screening for our upcoming Antarctica expedition on the Roald Amundsen. The receipt you get only says Guest Medical Review and the charge amount. The evaluation is very vanilla. The doctor basically asks you the same questions that were on the medical form. Ours also threw in a couple of tips - bring seasick medicine, be careful when walking, bring warm clothes, and sunscreen. Didn't feel I got my 165 euros worth.