Children on board in March

voyager1964

33 minutes ago, Torquer said:

Wow!  I am really surprised by this thread.  Were these badly behaved children/young adults that several people mentioned on a HAL cruise?  Or was it Carnival, Disney or another mass-market cruise line?  I can't imagine the 100s of college age drunken kids on a HAL ship that someone mentioned...it just isn't the demographics for them to want to cruise on HAL.

In all our many cruises on HAL I can't remember of ever being bothered by badly behaved children or drunken adults.  Now, we don't take 7-day cruises anymore, so maybe things are different there.  The worst we have encountered are crying/screaming very young kids under 3 in the MDR who don't know any better yet.  Even then, if I was their parent I would take them out of there so they didn't offend others, but that didn't happen...but this is very rare.  In general, the kids we do see on HAL are very well behaved.

I agree with everything you say overall.  Short itineraries in March I would avoid. I also was once a kid on HAL, i was 10 on my first, and have been in love since. 

6 minutes ago, Torquer said:

March 2023, but it was a 14-day cruise to NZ/Australia.

Yeah, the kids there go back to school in early February, and it's definitely not holiday time. You haven't experienced what can happen, even on HAL.