Shore Excursions/Shopping???

leolson8831

Hello...my parents and I are cruising on the Carnival Miracle in May. This will be our 4th cruise but in the past we haven't done a whole lot of shore excursions because my mom really likes to shop and we've found that they tend to take up a good portion of your time in port. We've never been to any of the ports that we're going to now (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, and Costa Maya) and we're thinking this time we'd like to try the whole excursion thing. I was wondering if any past visitors to these areas have some advice/tips for good excursions or any info on where is good for shopping and where isn't. So far we're tossing around the idea of these ones:

Grand Cayman- "Stingray City & Island Tour" goes to 7mile beach, turtle farm, stingrays, and Hell

Cozumel- "Playa Mia Beach Break" (my dad and I are beaching it and letting my mom do her shopping)

Belize- "Airboat Adventure & Belize City Tour"

Costa Maya- "Catamaran Sail and Snorkel"

Any thoughts on this?? Anyone been on these tours??? Thanks so much!:)

Grand Cayman- "Stingray City & Island Tour" goes to 7mile beach, turtle farm, stingrays, and Hell

Cozumel- "Playa Mia Beach Break" (my dad and I are beaching it and letting my mom do her shopping)

Belize- "Airboat Adventure & Belize City Tour"

Costa Maya- "Catamaran Sail and Snorkel"

Any thoughts on this?? Anyone been on these tours??? Thanks so much!

We have done the GC Stingray, turtle farm and Hell. Hell is not worth the time, and my wife was shocked when she found out the turtles are raised for food (some are released in the wild). Stingray tour was worth it ifyou have never seen them, but you will probably run into a crowd with all the other ships that are in. Tahiti is the place to see the rays... (at GC there will be 20 tourists for each ray and in Tahiti it is just the opposite)

Costa Maya and Cosumel we did Mayan ruins so cannot comment on the tours you mention. But I would recommend the ruins (Tulum and Chacchoben) if you have never seen them.

Archived