Chaccoben Tour & Lagoon Shore Thing

Hydro ergo

Hello!

Posting this under the VV thread as I'm finding a lot of people on the Port boards aren't familiar with sailing on VV...

Has anyone been on the Virgin Voyages Chaccoben Tour & Uchbenkah Lagoon Lunch shore thing while in Costa Maya?  I'm trying to figure out how much time you have at each place (the ruins and then the lagoon) and see if it's worth the price.  It looks like Native Choice offers basically the same tour, but one hour shorter in duration.  It sounds fun, but I worry that only two hours at the lagoon (as outlined on the Native Choice site) won't be enough time to actually enjoy lunch and possibly a hop in a kayak or swim.  The extra hour with VV might make it worthwhile.  Just trying to get an idea of timing and other's experiences.

thanks!

On 9/18/2023 at 8:19 AM, jon81uk said:

I did Chaccoben ruins only and it was about four hours total, one hour each way to the ruins from the port and around two hours at the site. 

Not sure if that helps?

It's a start at least!  Did you enjoy the ruins tour?  Did they give any history or anything on the bus ride over?  How was the group size?  Sorry to pepper you with all the questions! 

7 hours ago, Hydro ergo said:

It's a start at least!  Did you enjoy the ruins tour?  Did they give any history or anything on the bus ride over?  How was the group size?  Sorry to pepper you with all the questions! 

Yep the guide talked about the local area, where she and the bus driver are from and some history on the bus. She also did a small sales pitch for some jewelry.

The tour was great, we got a carton of water, and had chance to go to the restroom, then the guide showed us to the ruins, talked about them and showed a map and then we had ten minutes for photos, the same was repeated at three more stops, she talked and then allowed time to explore. Her information was good and she spoke great English. The final biggest ruin we had longer before she rounded us up to go back to the entrance. Had time for the gift shop and restroom. She didn’t talk as much on the journey back.

i think there could have been around 50 of us. We were on a full size coach. 

there was several other guides with other groups at the site.