Does NCL factor in Daylight savings not happening in Grand Cayman??

mcello77

I will be in Grand Cayman on the Jewel April 5th, right after daylight savings. The thing is I just found out that Grand Cayman will not be changing their clocks so I am nervous about scheduling a private tour because the timing might be off. Has anyone encountered this before? I spoke with a woman from grandcaymanexcursions.com and she was unsure about whether or not I could do the excursion I want because of the timing. It might actually be 10am not 11am when we arrive which means we would be leaving an hour earlier as well! I am wondering if NCL has this timing issue factored into arrival times that day in port.

I am wondering if NCL has this timing issue factored into arrival times that day in port.
NCL probably don't care (and rightly so). They probably run all their tours with respect to ship time, and you should adjust your private tour times accordingly and make your considerations as such.

I'd post this on the NCL board and see if you can find someone who has been on your ship. It does vary between ship-to-ship within the same cruise line. Usually they put this info on the front page of their daily activity guide. And many of these are posted on the Net. Good luck...

Also remember that most of the tour operators know exactly what the ships do concerning the time change. We booked with CM's on our first cruise, and they knew ship time and island time would be the same for us that time of the year. They were extremely helpful when it came to planning our short time on the island. Needless to say, we used them again last January, and will again next January when we're there for a week. I love the island and the people there.

Have fun!

Archived