Lisbon cruise port to oceanarium

Our family will arriving on a cruise shortly in lisbon.We are thinking of going to the oceanarium.

Numbers might range from 6 people going up to all 15 of us.

10 adults 5 children.. we are looking at all options to get there

Taxi could mean 4 taxis at approx 40 euros return journey ( only an estimate) = 160 euros !

Metro Would that be santa apolonia to s sebastio on blue line then change to red and onto oriente then a further 15 minute walk? Is this 2 seperate fares?

Train is there a direct train from santa apolonia to oriente ?

Bus -  i seen number 728 bus mentioned from outside port upto oriente area is this a possibility and how often does it run?

Can anyone advise as cost effective best way to do it

Hi Eric! 

Not answering your question, but an opinion 🙂

We spent a 10 day family vacation in Lisbon last year and I wouldn't recommend the aquarium if you only have one day in Lisbon. 

The Oceanario is a nice aquarium, but nothing more than any aquarium you can see around the world. It is quite far from city center in a modern neighbourhood. If you do go, there is also a big American style mall with a large food court nearby.

However, Lisbon is such a beautiful historical city, IMO it would be a shame not to see it.

What I would recommend that we all loved (including kids) would be an tuk-tuk tour of the city. It was great fun to ride around and gives you an overview of the city. The guide will stop at the best spots, for as long as you like and act as your family photographer 🙂. I believe they can even pick you up from the cruise port. There might be other companies, but we used Tuk Tuk Tejo and were very satisfied. 

Just an idea to consider 🙂 

FYI, when we traveled last year, for the 4 of us it was cheaper to take an Uber than buy 4 metro tickets. I wouldn't bother with the public transit if you are a big group.

I hope you have a wonderful day in Lisbon, whatever you choose to visit 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, CDN_travel_dreamer said:

Hi Eric! 

Not answering your question, but an opinion 🙂

We spent a 10 day family vacation in Lisbon last year and I wouldn't recommend the aquarium if you only have one day in Lisbon. 

The Oceanario is a nice aquarium, but nothing more than any aquarium you can see around the world. It is quite far from city center in a modern neighbourhood. If you do go, there is also a big American style mall with a large food court nearby.

However, Lisbon is such a beautiful historical city, IMO it would be a shame not to see it.

What I would recommend that we all loved (including kids) would be an tuk-tuk tour of the city. It was great fun to ride around and gives you an overview of the city. The guide will stop at the best spots, for as long as you like and act as your family photographer 🙂. I believe they can even pick you up from the cruise port. There might be other companies, but we used Tuk Tuk Tejo and were very satisfied. 

Just an idea to consider 🙂 

FYI, when we traveled last year, for the 4 of us it was cheaper to take an Uber than buy 4 metro tickets. I wouldn't bother with the public transit if you are a big group.

I hope you have a wonderful day in Lisbon, whatever you choose to visit 🙂

Many thanks for your suggestion. My wife and I have visited Lisbon before and this time we are in Lisbon for 2 days. There will be a few children in our party  ages 4-7 so we thought the aquarium would be good for them. Also we are looking at the tuktuk on the other day as well.

• Like 1