Orchard Hotel in San Francisco's Union Square

CeeJayPonz

Probably the best is taxi or Lyft etc to hotel.  BART goes nearby but it’s still dragging luggage uphill and it’s not cheap.  Taxi or L to the pier as well I think might be best.  Everything is expensive in SF but don’t know current prices.

Edited by paulco

2 hours ago, CeeJayPonz said:

Has anyone stayed at the Orchard Hotel in Union Square in San Francisco the night before a cruise? How easy is it to get to the cruise terminal and how much was it to get there? Oh yeah, how did you get there from the airport? Thanks in advance!

Cruise terminal is 10 minutes by car from union square. About a 50 dollar can ride from sfo

Check Uber for an advance RSVP and it will show you the cost.  Advance RSVP's seem to be higher than requesting at the time you're ready, but at least you're guarantied a ride.  I have had Uber show "not available" at times when I wanted to go.  Two weeks ago in Paris the Uber site keep showing "server down" when we needed a ride.  That went on for about 30 minutes.  The following day we needed a ride for a river boat dinner cruise so I booked an advanced RSVP.  When we got off the dinner cruise we just looked for an on demand Uber, which was five minutes away.  The RSVP was $45 hotel to boat.  The on demand boat back to hotel was $22.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE