Hotel suggestions near world cruise Center prior to Mexican riviera cruise

travelmama06

Combining your two posts, there are two hotels near the pier with Park and Sail programs.  Park your car at the hotel, spend the night at the hotel and take the hotel shuttle to the ship.  Doubletree San Pedro is where I recently did this.  I’ll post the hotel for you info later today.

San Pedro Park and Cruise (or Park & Go) Hotel information:
    Crowne Plaza San Pedro:  601 S Palos Verdes St, San Pedro, CA 90731 US  
    (310) 519-8200.

Double Tree by Hilton in San Pedro
    2800 Via Cabrillo Marina, San Pedro
    (310) 514-3344

@travelmama06 if you want near the terminal the two posted by @Mike45LC are really your best options as they combine parking & a shuttle to the terminal (the Crowne Plaza is also walking distance) but you didn't give much info, I am guessing since it is a Mex Riviera it will be 7-10 days & since you are from Canada you will be flying to LAX & don't need parking, but both of those pieces of information would help people give you their best advice, also if you are coming in just the day before & don't plan on doing any local sightseeing before your cruise (if you do then the suggestions might include something further from the port but nearer what you want to see)

there is also a ton of good info on this topic here if you want to look at older posts.

2 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

since you are from Canada you will be flying to LAX & don't need parking,

Travelin, the OP had two posts (both of which were moved from the Princess Forum) asking about (1) parking at the pier and (2) hotels near the pier.

Hence, my response about Park and Sail.

• Thanks 1

Both Doubletree San Pedro and Crowne Plaza are nearest and convenient (I’d lean towards the Doubletree) but there’s not much going on nearby to enjoy your pre-cruise stay. 

For our last cruise from Los Angeles, we opted to stay in Redondo Beach a few miles north along the coast, at the Portofino Hotel and Marina. We loved the hotel, and tremendously enjoyed the area. The hotel provides free bike rentals and we went for a very nice ride along the beach, the boardwalk, and throughout the town before heading to the port. 

Although waking up closer to the port on on embarkation day would’ve been more ideal, our stay at the Portofino made our trip much more special. 

https://www.hotelportofino.com

3 hours ago, travelmama06 said:

We are driving from Phoenix to Los Angeles - thanks for info 

Some more important questions:

1) When do you intend to arrive in the Los Angeles area?

2) Do you want to spend any time sightseeing or are you just getting in the night before and need convenience--a place to sleep and, perhaps, park your car for the duration of the cruise?

IF you are getting into town well before your cruise-say a couple of nights or more and want to see sights in the area....then I would not recommend staying in the harbor area more than the night before.  I'd recommend a more tourist-oriented area--like Santa Monica...maybe Marina del Rey/Venice Beach...or, if you are specifically interested in, say, studio-related attractions, Universal City/Hollywood, or, if wanting to visit Disney, Anaheim...Then drive to San Pedro either the night before and stay one night there...or drive there embarkation morning and just park at the pier.

OTOH, If you just plan on driving in the day before the cruise and just want to check into a hotel, have dinner, leave your car at the hotel and relax, then stay in San Pedro at one of those two hotels mentioned--the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree.  Get a Park and Cruise package and take the hotel shuttle or a short Uver/Lyft to the pier in the morning...or even walk to the pier if you are at the Crowne Plaza.

Both hotels are nice.  The CP location is far more convenient--close to the pier, close to lots of restaurant choices.  The Doubletree is more relaxing--in a very pretty marina location but not close to many restaurants and a longer ride to the pier.  Parking at the CP  is underground below the hotel, covered and more protected.  Parking at the DT is an exposed surface lot.  I have done both and would do either again based on the price.  Also check the additional price you pay for the week's hotel parking versus the $20 per night to park at the pier--remembering that parking at the pier means easier logistics.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tapi said:

Both Doubletree San Pedro and Crowne Plaza are nearest and convenient (I’d lean towards the Doubletree) but there’s not much going on nearby to enjoy your pre-cruise stay. 

For our last cruise from Los Angeles, we opted to stay in Redondo Beach a few miles north along the coast, at the Portofino Hotel and Marina. We loved the hotel, and tremendously enjoyed the area. The hotel provides free bike rentals and we went for a very nice ride along the beach, the boardwalk, and throughout the town before heading to the port. 

Although waking up closer to the port on on embarkation day would’ve been more ideal, our stay at the Portofino made our trip much more special. 

https://www.hotelportofino.com

This looks like a nice hotel planning early not cruising until next year at this time. How did you get from the hotel to the port?

19 minutes ago, pamkev said:

This looks like a nice hotel planning early not cruising until next year at this time. How did you get from the hotel to the port?

We took an Uber. It was about a 25 minute drive.

On 9/22/2023 at 6:54 AM, Tapi said:

We took an Uber. It was about a 25 minute drive.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:56 AM, pamkev said:

Thanks

Just note that depending on the day of the week, time of day and time of year, the drive can be 35-60 minutes, even longer if there is an accident on the 405 Freeway.

17 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Just note that depending on the day of the week, time of day and time of year, the drive can be 35-60 minutes, even longer if there is an accident on the 405 Freeway.

Thanks for the heads up. Our ship sails on a Thursday next Sept and as much as I would like to stay at that hotel I'm thinking near the port might be a better choice

Edited by pamkev