Embarkation/disembarkation times

CDN_travel_dreamer

Hello fellow cruisers!

I apologize if the question has been asked already, but I can't find the information. I haven't cruised in so long, feeling like a newbie 🙂

I am traveling with the extended family (9 people) next summer on a Rome to Athens cruise. We are staying a couple of days extra in both Rome and Athens, so I want to book private transfers for the gang in advance.

We are cruising on Sun Princess and it's too early to check-in yet.

What time can we expect to embark at the Civitavecchia port? Do we have to book a specific time or can we arrive anytime in a certain range? What time would you recommend booking the transfer for? 

Another question for Civitavecchia: if we get hungry before our boarding time, is there anything to eat we can buy or should we plan ahead and bring some food from Rome?

Similar question for Piraeus: what time can we book the transfer to Athens for? Ideally, we'd be in one of the last groups to disembark.

A general estimation is fine, we don't mind waiting a bit if we are too early somewhere.

Thank you all for your help! It is much appreciated 🙂

There is a great deal of information on the ports of call forum on CC.  This is the Mediterranean thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/472-mediterranean-eastern-western/

Also, your embarkation and disembarkation should show on the itinerary and your travel summary.  Usually, embarkation from Civitavecchia is 6 pm and disembarkation Athens is 6 am.  

But, check your specific cruise.