Manaus airport to our hotel

skincruisers

We are booked on a Seabourn Pursuit cruise to Antarctica -- our third trip to the great white land. We arrive at 3am in Manaus by air. Seabourn are quoting USD$360 to transfer us 12 km to our hotel (Quality Hotel). Is there a better/cheaper way that anyone else has used at about this time?

We are arriving in Manaus Airport 2:43AM.  Before booking a hotel I did research and it's my understanding that taxi's run 24 hours and have set prices.  If you want to use a credit card you need to pay at the taxi stand at the airport.  I booked our hotel (Villa Amazonia) through Booking.com and they offered an option to reserve a cab in advance and have it waiting for you.   We just came off a Seabourn cruise in Vancouver and Seabourn wanted $200 plus to transfer to the airport, while the taxi fare was a set $38.00.    

We have booked a hotel one night (Nov. 19) pre-tour at the Quality Hotel, too. A reputable source on TripAdvisor posted he has used Uber frequently in Manaus. From North Carolina, I put in a "dummy" request on my Uber app for a trip from the Manaus airport to the hotel. The cost: between $6-8, depending on which car I wanted. Six US dollars! I verified that cost with a private message to the man who uses Uber when he visits Manaus. He consulted his Uber history and verified that amazingly-low cost!

As the OP noted, though, you'll need cell service, or use your Uber app while still on wifi in the airport.

• Like 1