Anchorage hotels

misha1

Haven't stayed at the one in Anchorage, since I live here :D, but I have stayed at the one in Juneau (a few times) and the one in Soldotna.

They all look exactly alike in the inside and are very nice places and would put them on my list if I was traveling to one of our cities that have one.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I am really looking forward to spending some time in your fair city. What is your opinion of the Clarion? Cheaper but is that neccesarily a good thing? I want to stay at Marriot but for 1 night, it's pretty steep.

I haven't been in the Clarion, but in their parking lot though since it's across the street from the Federal Building and I had business with the FAA. I've read others reviews that have stayed there and they say it's a good place. It's in a pretty good location. You'll be two blocks up and one over from the museum and pretty easy walking distance to the majority of the restaurants and 2 blocks behind Nordstrom's and the 5th Avenue Mall.

I never feel uncomfortable in downtown be it day or night, summer or winter. As in all big cities you just have to remember to watch out for your safety but I do nothing different here then I would when I travel to anywhere else.

The Marriott is newer but then the Hilton has been remodeled in the last couple of years (actually the Marriott has bought the Hilton up here but it's going to be franchised as a Hilton).

It's really a toss up as I haven't been in either of the hotel rooms but they are probably set up as any Hilton or Marriott would be.

The main part of what I would term Anchorage is between A and I and 3rd and 8th. The Hilton is at 3rd and E and the Marriott is at 7th and I. The Hilton has a great deck off their Top of the World restaurant, so if it's nice out, a drink out there would give you a fantastic view of Mt. McKinley. Not sure if you have any ambulatory problems but the Hilton does sit at the bottom of a slight hill if you want to journey up to the shopping and restaurants but nothing really bad.

I've eaten at both places and do enjoy both.

I'd think you'd be happy at either place. Though if you're here on a Saturday or Sunday and want to enjoy our local market (crafts, produce, etc.) than it's right across the street from the Hilton.

Archived