Ventura Sep 9th-19th Spain Portugal and France 'review' - ie, lots of random observations!

nellydean

On 9/26/2023 at 12:09 PM, nellydean said:

The desserts promised more than they delivered, apart from one dark, rich chocolate mousse type pud, which was divine.

I was on the same cruise and I think I know which dessert you’re referring to. It was ridiculously good! Made rather a pig of myself wirh it I’m afraid much to the amusement of my companions…!

This was also our first cruise since Covid and we were curious to see how much has changed. The short answer is “not much”, it’s probably 90% as it was. Staff seemed rushed and under pressure in the MDR I’m afraid but apart from that very little to moan about. 

We ate in Sindhu twice and Glass House and they were wonderful as always. Thoroughly enjoyed an evening in the Epicurean too. 

All the things we like P&O were present and correct- “fair” bar prices, enjoyable quizzes, decent variety of entertainment and the itinerary- in particular the overnight in Lisbon. 

The self check in greatly speeded up embarkation too - it took us about half an hour from leaving the car to getting to our cabin which is a record for us!

On the basis of our experience with this cruise we looking forward to booking with P&O again 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

I was on the same cruise and I think I know which dessert you’re referring to. It was ridiculously good! Made rather a pig of myself wirh it I’m afraid much to the amusement of my companions…!

This was also our first cruise since Covid and we were curious to see how much has changed. The short answer is “not much”, it’s probably 90% as it was. Staff seemed rushed and under pressure in the MDR I’m afraid but apart from that very little to moan about. 

We ate in Sindhu twice and Glass House and they were wonderful as always. Thoroughly enjoyed an evening in the Epicurean too. 

All the things we like P&O were present and correct- “fair” bar prices, enjoyable quizzes, decent variety of entertainment and the itinerary- in particular the overnight in Lisbon. 

The self check in greatly speeded up embarkation too - it took us about half an hour from leaving the car to getting to our cabin which is a record for us!

On the basis of our experience with this cruise we looking forward to booking with P&O again 

We didn't try Sindhu, but probably will on Arvia (assuming it's there), nor the Glass House, but we did patronise the bars quite a lot!

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. I'd happily sail on Ventura again. We've cruised the most with Royal Caribbean, but I do have a soft spot for P&O, having enjoyed two lovely cruises on Oceana, some years back.

18 hours ago, nellydean said:

We didn't try Sindhu, but probably will on Arvia (assuming it's there), nor the Glass House, but we did patronise the bars quite a lot!

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. I'd happily sail on Ventura again. We've cruised the most with Royal Caribbean, but I do have a soft spot for P&O, having enjoyed two lovely cruises on Oceana, some years back.

Sindhu is on Arvia and rhe food was amazing. The main staff who took our order was very to the point. But hey hoe, the food was fab. However the keel and cow was sooo much better, steak was simply stunning....

7 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Sindhu is on Arvia and rhe food was amazing. The main staff who took our order was very to the point. But hey hoe, the food was fab. However the keel and cow was sooo much better, steak was simply stunning....

I had the fish finger sandwich in the Keel & Cow on Arvia and it was way too salty as was my wife's food too. 

16 hours ago, Red Ray said:

I had the fish finger sandwich in the Keel & Cow on Arvia and it was way too salty as was my wife's food too. 

Why on earth do they do this with salt ,have we evolved so far we are totally incapable

of putting it on our own sarnies ?

• Like 1