VV Customer Service Says I Cannot Link My Promotional Bar Tab to My Partner/Cabin-Mate

MarkWiltonM

I called VV because I could not find a way to link my Bar Tab in the app to my spouse/cabinmate. The representative told me that my promotional $300 Bar Tab that was a perk of booking cannot be shared with him and referred me to the terms and conditions that state "It may also not be transferred to another user (though one may purchase drinks for another Sailor)." https://www.virginvoyages.com/cruise-deals/bar-tab-offer/?item=f44de49e-6b50-4559-bb22-52ef3d510b7f  I explained that I don't want to "transfer" the Bar Tab to someone else -- I just want both of the people on the booking to have access to it. For example, I don't want my spouse to have to pay for a smoothie after the gym because I'm on a shore excursion or something, but she said that is what will happen unless I'm with him and I personally order the drink. On the other hand, the $100 Bar Tab we get for being Sea-Rovers (due to VV matching our Celebrity loyalty status) is for our "cabin" and we both have access to it. Does this sound right?  

Edited by MarkWiltonM

If you have your account set up so that one of you is responsible for all the payments for the cabin, the bar tab will be shared.  You do that during the check in process when you are setting up your credit card.  There should be a drop down to pick that you will be responsible and you just check off your spouse's name.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

If you have your account set up so that one of you is responsible for all the payments for the cabin, the bar tab will be shared.  You do that during the check in process when you are setting up your credit card.  There should be a drop down to pick that you will be responsible and you just check off your spouse's name.  

This.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -The-True-North- said:

This.

Thank you. I did set up our booking so that I'm paying with my credit card for my spouse's purchases. I was hoping this would take care of this issue and I appreciate the confirmation. I also inquired further with VV by email and they responded that for this particular promotion the $300 Bar Tab is attached to Sailor 1's folio by default but that once we are on board we can have this split between the two of us so that each gets $150. We can do that as well just in case.  

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Thank you. I did set up our booking so that I'm paying with my credit card for my spouse's purchases. I was hoping this would take care of this issue and I appreciate the confirmation. I also inquired further with VV by email and they responded that for this particular promotion the $300 Bar Tab is attached to Sailor 1's folio by default but that once we are on board we can have this split between the two of us so that each gets $150. We can do that as well just in case.  

We've never been able to split a bar tab, but we've never needed to.  If you click the box that says you are responsible for the other person's charges, it makes no difference which bracelet is used for which charges.  Check you accounts in the app after a day or two, and if there is any problem, visit Sailor Services.  90% of what shoreside sailor services says is wrong.....at least that's been my experience.  

• Like 3

Follow the advice of others here and tick the sailors name when you add payment info in the app. Your folio will be merged. If you are still unsure, on first night spend on yours and spend 1 drink on theirs, as soon as the system loads the tab and loot data (usually overnight) you will see if it is working how you want.

One odd thing with this setup, sailor 2 will not see spending in their app, even what they themselves have charged. This is odd and they sometimes do make mistakes. I would prefer it to behave like second card holders on credit cards (can see what they have charged but no grand totals or transactions from primary holder). Also would be useful to opt to allow second card holder to see everything, other lines show onboard account on the tv screen so it isn’t too far fetched to give full visibility.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Just walk up to guest relation after boarding and ask them to connect your wife to the bartab. All purchases will be drawn from that. 

Our bartab wasn't split 50/50.