ever use a waterproof bag for digital camera?

Buffettfan 225

I am going to do some snorkeling and stingrays in two weeks on the cruise.

A few questions from those who may have more knowledge:

1.)Anyone ever hear of a waterproof bag (Aquapak?) for their digital camera?

I bought some disposable cameras as back up, but one never knows how the photos are until you get home.

2.)IF I do take some shots with disposable do I need to have developer adjust for blue tones etc?

Thanks for suggestions.

I just bought one of the Aquapaks myself yet haven't used it yet. I'll be interested in finding out how good they are too. I've tested it and it is waterproof.

The underwater disposables are very good, I've never had a bad pic from the many I've used. Just be sure to inspect the housing to make sure it's not cracked. I had one that was and it was ruined.

We've purchased Aquapacs for our digital stills camera and for a Panasonic digital video camera. We bought them through an on-line company in the UK. The website address for Aquapac is :http://www.aquapac.net/dotcom/

We haven't actually used the camera bags yet, as we go on our cruise in 2 weeks, but we have tested them in the bath, (as recommended) with a nonvaluable item inside. We'll post some more information when we get back from our cruise.

We have a Sony T-1 digital camera. I considered the bag type underwater protection but, instead opted for the Sony "Marine Pack" hard underwater case good to 40 meters underwater. I just wasn't comfortable trusting a $500.00 camera in a plastic bag, Please post how well this works if you go the 'baqg' route.

Last year we were in Tahiti and I bought a bag for the camera. It was waterproof as I tested it in our jacuzzi at home. That’s when I found out the zoom lens could not be extended. Also, pushing the bag underwater produced problems as it did want to float and keeping it down to take a picture was a problem.

Net result is I bought 2 waterproof cameras to take with me and never used the bag. If you like, I would be happy to sell it to you. Make an offer. Only briefly used in the jacuzzi.

Mark,

I may like to purchase the bag--

1.)IF you have a digital camera, can you put it in and see how it does "above water" meaning just an outdoor photo.

I thought maybe it would act as a way to protect it on beach.

The main reason is StingRay's I'd like to take some surface shots, and maybe just some facing camera down in water.

I have a "cheap digital camera" and just bought a newer model today with more megapixels. So I would use old camera anyway -less risk.

2.)Did your disposable pics come out ok?

I purchased 3 Fuji cameras yesterday until I read about the bag.

3.)What would you be willing to sell it for? (plus postage I'd pay for) I'd need it by leaving date of 3/31

Please email to buffetfan225-carnival@yahoo.com -Suzy Looking forward to hearing from you.

Suzy,

Just sent you an email. Hope it arrives. Realized I forgot to attach the stingray pictures. If you like, I will be happy to send them to you. The rays are fun to play with. Very friendly. Where will you be seeing them?

Archived