Port Change

luvmex

:eek: Woops...Just found out Carnival Valor will not be stopping at Cozumel.....My favorite port. I find it interesting that they notified us past the no penalty cancelation date. Anyone ever received any compensation for port changes?

:eek: Woops...Just found out Carnival Valor will not be stopping at Cozumel.....My favorite port. I find it interesting that they notified us past the no penalty cancelation date. Anyone ever received any compensation for port changes?

Cozumel has been hit or miss since the hurricane last year for every cruise that is scheduled to stop there.. sorry for the inconvenience.. but I am going in October.. and still expect a change..

They are taking you to another port.. so no compensation is needed..

If you read your cruise contract it plainly states that cruise lines can change any itinerary, with no notice whatsoever, without incurring any liability, which means they can change your itinerary at will without having to give you anything. Since others have been informed about these changes, I would guess it's your TA who didn't inform you. But when you consider all the damage to Cozumel from the hurricanes, and the fact that their docking facilities were completely wiped out and won't be available for another 6 months or longer, it's not a surprise that cruise lines are canceling their stops there.

Archived