Wi-Fi

lisa6191

• 4 months later...

On Seaborne Encore,

1 device / guest is gratis, but limited access(streaming is blocked, international texting is limited, some sites blocked unless using VPN). Paid service is about $20/day (price does decrease as cruise days pass, despite what staff will tell you at the beginning) and includes 4 devices, which can be any 4, including friends/ family (I shared with friends in another cabin), as long as total devices does not exceed 4 at any given moment.

Be aware that it is an upgrade, so the purchaser loses his gratis access(he doesn’t get 4 streaming plus one surf access, only 4 streaming), which sucks.

The streaming is not significantly faster than the gratis access, only unblocked by Seaborn.

Hope this helps, I couldn’t find this info anywhere before our cruise.

On 9/28/2023 at 3:44 AM, Earthtones said:

On the Odyssey this month "basic" wifi for one device per passenger was included and you could upgrade to streaming quality for an amount that varied, depending upon how many days remained on the cruise. I think it was about $10/day, but you had to buy it for the duration of the cruise (not just for two days).

Some ships now have Starlink, which I think is included and provides high speed access. Not sure where the Encore is in this conversion, but all ships are supposed to get Starlink soon.

Thanks for the info

On 9/28/2023 at 10:53 AM, caviarforme said:

On non Starlink ships it is one device per passenger - but you an log off and log on with each device in turn, just not both at the same time.  A pain, but we have always found the basic Wi-Fi adequate for e-mails, internet, WhatsApp etc. Even mid Atlantic. Too busy enjoying ourselves to need streaming.

If you are in a premium suite, you get complimentary premium Wi-Fi in any case and we got that on our last cruise (special celebration), really not that different for the use we make of it.
Wi-Fi packages on board the Encore cruise ship do not appear to be included as standard, and information on options and costs may vary. I recommend contacting the cruise line directly or visiting their official website for the most up-to-date information. If you need to optimise  https://setapp.com/how-to/how-to-speed-up-a-slow-mac your Mac for the best Wi-Fi experience on board, check out these helpful tips

Thank you, I didn't know about this, it's important for me to have a stable internet connection when traveling