What happens if the 'phone call comes to book new cruises when we are at sea.

Ladycommonsense

We have recently returned from our first Saga cruise after having researched it very thoroughly following 40 years with P&O. It was the best decision we've ever made, we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and have booked several more to take us through 2024. We have taken the advice on this site and have pre-registered for 2025 and 2026. We understand that we will be getting a ‘phone call when the new brochure for 2025 is out and obviously we will be in a queue along with others who have pre-registered. However we have a bit of a dilemma and I wonder if anyone can help please. Does anyone know what will happen if Saga rings us when we are actually on a cruise - we could either be at sea and unable to take the call on the mobile as it would probably cost as much as the cruise (joke!), or we could be on land abroad and not have a telephone signal. My husband did ring Saga to ask them yesterday but they weren't too helpful. They seem to have not come across this before which I found difficult to believe as so many of you are regular cruisers with them. Look forward to your helpful responses as always.

22 minutes ago, Ladycommonsense said:

We have recently returned from our first Saga cruise after having researched it very thoroughly following 40 years with P&O. It was the best decision we've ever made, we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and have booked several more to take us through 2024. We have taken the advice on this site and have pre-registered for 2025 and 2026. We understand that we will be getting a ‘phone call when the new brochure for 2025 is out and obviously we will be in a queue along with others who have pre-registered. However we have a bit of a dilemma and I wonder if anyone can help please. Does anyone know what will happen if Saga rings us when we are actually on a cruise - we could either be at sea and unable to take the call on the mobile as it would probably cost as much as the cruise (joke!), or we could be on land abroad and not have a telephone signal. My husband did ring Saga to ask them yesterday but they weren't too helpful. They seem to have not come across this before which I found difficult to believe as so many of you are regular cruisers with them. Look forward to your helpful responses as always.

Saga should if know you are on a Cruise as the Rep has your details on Computer in front of them when they make the phone call this is because they will ask you to confirm details they already have during any booking process (contact details etc). They will just reschedule the call for your return. Bear in mind you will get an E-Mail Brochure (with no prices) & follow up call depending on where you are on the pre-register list. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FatBoy20 said:

Saga should if know you are on a Cruise as the Rep has your details on Computer in front of them when they make the phone call this is because they will ask you to confirm details they already have during any booking process (contact details etc). They will just reschedule the call for your return. Bear in mind you will get an E-Mail Brochure (with no prices) & follow up call depending on where you are on the pre-register list. 

Thank you for this - I did think as much. Therefore, if they call on let us say the first day a 14-night cruise, we will then have to wait until the end of the cruise for a further call and by that time many others will have been called ahead of us and could have booked the cabins we want.  Is that a correct analysis of the scenario?

When we were on a Saga cruise during the advance registration calls, we returned to our cabin one day to find a copy of the e-brochure and a message to go to the Saga future cruise desk during opening hours if we wanted to make a booking (which we did). There were quite a few people on board who had "received the call" as it were.

We may have slipped a few places back in the queue, but certainly did not have to wait until our return to book.

It is probably the same system now (hope so, as we will possibly get the 2025 call while we are on a cruise...).

(Just think of the outcry if people on a Saga cruise of 30plus nights had to wait until their return)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

When we were on a Saga cruise during the advance registration calls, we returned to our cabin one day to find a copy of the e-brochure and a message to go to the Saga future cruise desk during opening hours if we wanted to make a booking (which we did). There were quite a few people on board who had "received the call" as it were.

We may have slipped a few places back in the queue, but certainly did not have to wait until our return to book.

It is probably the same system now (hope so, as we will possibly get the 2025 call while we are on a cruise...).

(Just think of the outcry if people on a Saga cruise of 30plus nights had to wait until their return)

Oh super!!  Thank you for putting my mind at rest - much appreciated!!

• Like 1