Saga app often unobtainable ?

FannyLiz

Is it just me or does anyone else find the Saga app is often unobtainable ?  More often than not I get the message “ Oops ! Something has gone wrong. Try again in a short time”. Currently I’ve been trying for 24 hours as I want to print off some documents.

I would delete and reload the app but it threatens that all my data will be lost if I do.

I didn't know Saga even had an app... but I get the same message quite frequently on my laptop when trying to log in to MySaga.

Their whole website system can be very flaky - sometimes it works all the way through, sometimes it works part the way thorugh and then dies, and sometimes it does not work at all.

Been like it for years - it seems to have a personality all of it's own, and sometimes takes an intense dislike to a particular browser or system.

Best telephone them, they can probably reset it for you.

I got it via Google Play: the icon is a Cambridge blue square with SAGA written over it and it calls itself the Saga plc app. It gives access, on the rare occasions that it works, to all of Saga’s branches, includes the magazine and back copies, articles and so on as well as My Saga where the details of my upcoming cruise are stored.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FannyLiz said:

I got it via Google Play: the icon is a Cambridge blue square with SAGA written over it and it calls itself the Saga plc app. It gives access, on the rare occasions that it works, to all of Saga’s branches, includes the magazine and back copies, articles and so on as well as My Saga where the details of my upcoming cruise are stored.

Sounds like you should contact the developer... especially if you paid for it.

No, it’s free and says it is “ …just for Saga customers”. Saga have replied to questions asked about it.  It covers all aspects of Saga’s empire, includes MySaga as well as magazines going back for years, articles, prize draws and various rewards for membership.

i assumed it was necessary for booking restaurants, checking on board spending and events  etc as seems to be the case with other cruise lines.

Not necessary at all.

Speciality restaurants are booked on board, either by telephone or visting the desk (you will be given details how and when on the Today programme in your cabin on arrival).

On board spending can be checked on your room TV, or ask reception and they will print it out for you (you get a detailed receipt at the end of the cruise).

Events are in the Today programme (delivered the night before) and anything that has to be signed up fpr is done on board.

Excursions can be pre-booked or booked on board, in person, at the tours desk.

Best system to use is Manage My Booking on the travel.saga.co.uk/mytravel - you can print out documents there, and book excursions when they are available - or even book them on the 'phone.

At a pinch, if you cannot print anything, ask Saga to send them by post.

https://travel.saga.co.uk/mytravel

Saga may be very flaky with the technology, but they have lots of alternativeand easy methods that have worked well for years.

(I have found the App... the reviews show many are having exactly the same problems.)

2 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Saga may be very flaky with the technology, but they have lots of alternativeand easy 

(I have found the App... the reviews show many are having exactly the same problems.)

Thank you everyone. I’m coming to the conclusion that while it is easier to get access to Manage My Booking from the app this relies on the app working and that is not a given. I’ve put a bookmark directly on my screen so will see whether that is anymore reliable. I did wonder about the app being used for onboard transactions as no- one has mentioned it in any posts. I shall add my twopennorth to the feedback to the developers however.

22 hours ago, FannyLiz said:

Thank you everyone. I’m coming to the conclusion that while it is easier to get access to Manage My Booking from the app this relies on the app working and that is not a given. I’ve put a bookmark directly on my screen so will see whether that is anymore reliable. I did wonder about the app being used for onboard transactions as no- one has mentioned it in any posts. I shall add my twopennorth to the feedback to the developers however.

I'm not sure why you want to use the App when, what you appear to want to access is available via MySaga or Manage My Booking. You don't need the App to access these. Go directly to it/them via your browser. You'll just need to set up a simple login ID and password. If I'm missing something ...??

5 hours ago, Wacktle said:

I'm not sure why you want to use the App when, what you appear to want to access is available via MySaga or Manage My Booking. 

The simple answer is that the app is much, much quicker. I click on the icon and immediately I see my booking and all the documents associated with it. One click, no numbers or details to be filled in and no trying to identify motorcycles or traffic lights to prove I am not a robot. It’s working perfectly at the moment but I have put a link to the relevant page on my desktop in case it flakes out again.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FannyLiz said:

The simple answer is that the app is much, much quicker. I click on the icon and immediately I see my booking and all the documents associated with it. One click, no numbers or details to be filled in and no trying to identify motorcycles or traffic lights to prove I am not a robot. It’s working perfectly at the moment but I have put a link to the relevant page on my desktop in case it flakes out again.

Given that we only do about four saga cruises a year, we don't use the app and so this is not a problem for us.

• Haha 1