Swimming pools for swimming - Ventura

BertieRulesOK

I am a swimmer and really like to get some laps on whilst on a cruise. Loved the size of the adult only pool on the Britannia, was totally frustrated by the postage stamp pools and children per sq m on the Iona.  

I am going on Ventura for the first time and I am intrigued by the swim current in the Oasis/Endless pool. I am also concerned about the mentions online of it being broken.  What are your guys experiences?  Can you get a decent swim?  Will I be able to get my swim on?

We were on in July and even though I pressed the button it didn't work!  I suppose I could have asked at the Spa or guest services, but it wasn't working the last time before that we were on her either. (pre-pandemic).

Michele

(Other passengers I spoke to had absolutely no idea there was, or even had been, such a thing!)

• 2 months later...

I thought I would update this post, having now been on Ventura, for future reference.  There is no swim current in the Oasis pool.  It was apparently removed years ago, but the fact has not been publicised (hence the many confusing articles mentioning it online).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1