Formal Nights

mlsetc

On 10/2/2023 at 6:56 AM, mlsetc said:

Hello all, new to Princess. Have British Isles booked for next summer. My paperwork says 3 formal nights, how formal are these nights? My past experience is with NCL and Royal, their formal nights are very relaxed. 

On 10/2/2023 at 7:09 AM, mtnesterz said:

And here we go again!

See what you started @mtnesterz🤣

Just kidding around, threads get started like this once or twice every week around here 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

This discussion isn't really about formal wear... more about what is acceptable in the MDR at any time.

However, since you didn't direct your question to anyone in particular I consider formal wear as a tux or dinner suit, bowtie, accessories. ladies evening gown. Or lounge suit, normal tie if you don't want to go all out but want to be smarter than smart casual.

Should people be forced to wear formal wear on formal nights? Of course not. Should people be forced to wear smart casual as a minimum on any night including formal nights... IMO yes. 

(ducking for laughing emoji fest from the usual suspects 🙂 Don't bother, you are wasting your time )

Thank you! Now I don't know what to wear. It seems we all have different opinions. That helps to keep this in focus. More opinions to follow. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
5 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

OP asked about how "formal" formal nights were on a British Isle Cruise.  We were on the Regal in July (2023) for a British Isle Cruise.

I wore a dress shirt, tie, coat, dark jeans and black running shoes on the first formal night (we were eating in Sabatini's).  Wore the same thing on the "Dress to Impress" night (the second formal night).

I did not feel under dressed.  Actually felt a little overdressed for the "Dress to Impress" night.  Most of the men were wearing long pants, dress shirt and sweaters.

I know that I have a rule about not posting to formal threads anymore - but rules were made to be broken. 😁

Respect 👍