Triumph excursion BioBay - anyone???

palmtre2

I'm looking for some info on this tour - since the Truimph is only in San Juan from 5pm to 12am, I was wondering if this trip is really offered. If it is offered, how appropriate is it for a 10 yr old?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til the Triumph

4/10/04 Easter aboard the GLORY

Yes, this tour is definitely offered as you may only see the bioluminescent effects at NIGHT! icon_rolleyes.gif

However, be advised that depending on the phases of the moon, the tour is occasionally cancelled. Moonlight is bad as it diminishes the visual effects. The darker the better.

This is a great tour, there's nothing like it anywhere else. There are only four known locations in the world where you may experience the bio-bay and three of them are in PR.

You paddle a two-person kayak through the mangroves until you reach the bio-bay. Once there, the guides explain and demonstrate the bioluminescent phenomenon, and then you head back.

The downside to this trip is the long bus ride to and from the bio-bay.

There were a number of young'uns along when we went in January.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Did you take this tour from the Triumph??? I have heard from the boards that the ride is a long one and I was afraid they wouldn't offer it since you aren't at pier very long. Do you remember the cost??

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til the Triumph

4/10/04 Easter aboard the GLORY

Yes, on the Triumph. You're going in the summertime, which is something I hadn't thought about so I don't know exactly how this would work for you, given it has to be DARK. We went in January, it was almost dark when we docked.

We lucked out as we were there on MLK Day so we did not have to deal with the rush hour traffic due to the holiday. The tour guides told us that normally it would have been a lot worse getting out of San Juan. The one-way ride is *at least* an hour, but can be 30 minutes longer if there's traffic.

I *want* to say the cost was around $85/pp but I'd have to dig out all of the cruise paperwork to be sure.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Archived