Silver Nova/Ray Cabin question

DrTST

I am new to Silver Sea.  We are booked on a 2025 cruise to Portugal and Spain in a classic veranda suite on Deck 9.. I am concerned about the higher possibility of motion sickness on the higher deck.  Can anyone give me cabin recommendations based on their experience on Silver Nova. I am willing to move up to a slightly higher category if necessary.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, DrTST said:

I am new to Silver Sea.  We are booked on a 2025 cruise to Portugal and Spain in a classic veranda suite on Deck 9.. I am concerned about the higher possibility of motion sickness on the higher deck.  Can anyone give me cabin recommendations based on their experience on Silver Nova. I am willing to move up to a slightly higher category if necessary.  Thank you!

We were in a deluxe Verandah on deck 8 of the Nova. No movement. Deck 9 is beneath the pool/grill etc deck.

We also just got off Nova, having sailed in a Deluxe Veranda on 8.  We were Barcelona to Lisbon, so I expect the itineraries are, at least, similar.  Motion was not an issue.  Nova is remarkably stable for any ship and even moreso considering its size.

The only exception was one night (from Tangier to Cadiz) when there was some shaking motion that kept me awake for a while.  However, I'm a light sleeper.  Also, to be fully honest, I think it had more to do with me being unable to quiet my mind more than it was the motion.

I also never heard anyone complain about the motion.  I think I was the only one, and it was only that night.  🙂

If you typically have no problems, then I would expect you would be fine unless the weather became severe (and then it likely wouldn't matter where you were).