Just off Eclipse

bigbenboys

7 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Maybe back to the Equinox?  She was maitre d there for a long time, and I was surprised to see her on the Eclipse last summer (she said she wanted to see Alaska).  What we loved was that our assistant waiter from Equinox in 2021 was our waiter on the Eclipse.  He was excellent on both, so a well deserved promotion.

And btw, over on FB there's a long thread about the hot mess that immigration was in San Francisco.  Sounds similar. I think because you both went to Victoria, so had to do it at your first US port.

Yes, the good thing was we just walked off the ship in LA. No immigration/customs.

7 hours ago, buzz031 said:

We were on this cruise!  Our staff in early MDR were outstanding. It’s the first time we weren’t in the Blu in a very long time. I did eat a lot of salmon, but at least it was tasty. Shows were good. Beyond the Podium talk on the PNW left a lot out. Was more of a port talk rather than what was advertised regarding geography. Other than bringing home Covid (my first time—knew it had to happen eventually), it was a great cruise!

My MIL came down with Covid. She shared her V1 with her sister. We all had booster shots about 4 months ago. Out of the 4 of us only my MIL came down with Covid. She only has a scratchy throat. 

I had salmon twice dining in Luminae. DH had the turkey main entrée from the MDR, also the chicken parmesan with spaghetti. Both were very good. I know I will order the chicken parmesan with spaghetti next time.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

10 hours ago, Veinless said:

If you’re talking about Ali, he is the absolute best! I think he mentioned Nino was back as well, sailing the Mediterranean, so that’s great to see. 

Yes!  He was Jesus's assistant on the Equinox.   It was so nice to see him again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We all had booster shots about 4 months ago.

Received the new vaccine 6 days before the cruise… hadn’t had a shot for a year. Getting on the Silhouette TA in a few weeks and looking forward to being mostly bulletproof! Lol

• Like 3

We will be on Eclipse on Oct 28th for Mexican Riviera.  It was going to be our first time in an OV, but I won a move-up offer of 185PP for a Veranda.  I will be live blogging as I upgraded my internet. 

• Like 3