Honolulu-Vancouver Ovation 2024

ceo418

Hi! We currently have a reservation for Ovation in April 2024 from Honolulu-Vancouver. Is it probably safe to assume that there will be itinerary changes due to the fact that we're scheduled for two days in Lahaina?

We've already pretty much decided to cancel this cruise and switch to a different location for 2025. Since we have a nonrefundable deposit, I think there's a $100 per person charge to do that. Should I wait until as close as possible to the final payment date in January to see what changes or refunds Royal might offer before making the call to cancel and switch to a different cruise?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

We have had many changes to cruises in the past 2 years.  I wouldn’t count on them cancelling or any refunds to the cruise.  If you know you aren’t going to go and you already have a cruise in mind, I would call and cancel and book something else.

1 hour ago, ceo418 said:

Hi! We currently have a reservation for Ovation in April 2024 from Honolulu-Vancouver. Is it probably safe to assume that there will be itinerary changes due to the fact that we're scheduled for two days in Lahaina?

We've already pretty much decided to cancel this cruise and switch to a different location for 2025. Since we have a nonrefundable deposit, I think there's a $100 per person charge to do that. Should I wait until as close as possible to the final payment date in January to see what changes or refunds Royal might offer before making the call to cancel and switch to a different cruise?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

If your new cruise isnt out yet I'd wait. Though wouldn't count on any $$$ if Royal does Change Stop. What actually seen so far on another Cruise Line, a Port change happened but there was no offer allow Change Cruise or Cancel Cruise w/o penalty and no OBC