What is Carnivals Special Gift??

metfan747

I just got a letter from Carnival stating they would give me a special gift on my next cruise. All I have to do is give them a call 45 days before departure. Has anyone else gotten this letter? More importantly, what can I expect to receive? Thanks in advance.

I'll let you know what we got when I get back. We received the same offer. When I called they said they didn't know but had a few questions, did we drink alcohol, were we allergic to anything. Thats it.

Hopefully we get either some wine or drink coupons!

Imagination 3/2003

Days until Sensation...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our special gift a couple of years ago was some drink coupons. I have heard of others getting other items, so maybe it is just luck of the draw??

Sovereign of the Seas 06/00

Inspiration 06/02

Carnival Conquest 06/03

Carnival Conquest 05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;30;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600 Until the Conquest sails!!!!!

I got one of those and did use it on my next cruise.

Just as the letter advised, I called 45 days prior to departure. They asked me how many were in the cabin and if any were children. They asked if we drank alcohol. Since my mother (a non-drinker) was going on that trip, I said no.

Someone got it all mixed up. There were soda coupons for the kids but the waiter advised us the first night at dinner that we had a bottle of wine. I argued with him that we did not want the wine. Did that over a couple of nights. Finally we convinced him we'd really rather have something else. I really wanted the cookbook, which was a higher cost than the wine. Finally our waiter got approval to take back the wine and offer the cookbook for $5.

BTW, we probably would have consumed the wine, but a friend of mine said the wine was not the greatest. She'd had a similar situation before.

Those of you that received the gift letter: where you repete Carnival passengers? This is my first Carnival cruise(7/10/04) but have been on 8 other cruises with 4 other lines. This is the first time I have heard of letters like this being sent out.

These are letters that are sent out to guests who wrote to Carnival and said something either good or bad about their past cruise.

See my past cruise pics here:

mohavemommy's Cruise Pics

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE WORLD'S BEST ISLANDS ARE ONES THAT FLOAT AND MOVE. THEY'RE CALLED CRUISE SHIPS."

next cruise ???? hhhmmmmm.....

Or -- in our case -- as one of the things they did to make make amends for losing one of our bags on a previous cruise.

Originally posted by mohavemommy:

These are letters that are sent out to guests who wrote to Carnival and said something either good or bad about their past cruise.

/

We just got back from our cruise and we had same letter form previous cruise and the gifts were drink coupons..since we had bought drink cards they weren't much good to us so we asked that the ones that they still haven't given out to ppl in our party be for bar drinks..I think in total we got 16 coupons. So it worked out for us and it was a nice gesture on Carnivals part.

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004

Legend November 19 2004

I received an e-mail from Carnival saying they had agift for me and to contact them 45 days before cruise. Problem is I accidently dumped the e-mail. Do you think it would work if I still contact them? Would they have a record of my name and gift? Thanks!

Becky

i sail on the same ship ''spirit'' and going back to glacier bay next may. i hope i get a letter. anything that is extra and free is great.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

We received this letter once and they stated we would have drink coupons waiting for us that never showed up. On the ship they just said too bad and when I called upon return got the same response.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Our first cruise we wrote Carnival about how much fun we had and how great our room stewart was. Being our first cruise we were just overwhelmed by the whole experience and wanted them to know. We were sent a letter (to our surprise) and we received a bottle of champagne. On a later cruise we wrote about something that went wrong and received a fruit basket with a bottle or wine on our next cruise. The last time we wrote them was when there was a mistake on our bill, it was corrected and on our next cruise we were given a photo coupon.

Carnival/Fantasy June '99

Carnival/Fantasy Feb. '00

Carnival/Sensation April '01

Disney Wonder Sept. 01

Carnival/Pride Jan.'02

Carnival/Trimuph May '02

Carnival/Sensation Dec.'02

Carnival/Conquest Feb.'03

Carnival/Pride May '03

Carnival/Glory Dec '03

HAL/Zuiderdam May '04

Until Hubby retires and we can cruise whenever we want!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;04;30;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruzrdi:

We received four drink coupons on our May cruise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what we got, too.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Ikon- go to the Carnival site and where it says contact us (somewhere on the site) email them.

we got $15 photo coupon. I have a letter for our upcoming cruise so I'll call 45 days in advance and time will tell what we get.

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

Archived