Corfu Chaos

Brilliant cruise on Explorer but we will never use Corfu airport ever again. It's queue after queue after queue.

The airport just cannot cope with the volume of people. We've decided any itinerary with Corfu as home port is off the list in future.

If they treble the facilities in the future we may return. Not Marella's fault but something needs to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately the has been the case at Corfu for years so unlikely to see any change in the future

We went on Explorer last year departing from Corfu.I initially cursed TUI changing flight schedule as it ended up a very late outbound flight but was glad as by time we arrived(very late)the airport was dead and a virtual walk through

On the way home it was the opposite,total carnage with queues joining other queues and zero organisation

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Like 1

It's also a tricky airport for landings/takeoffs due to the adjacent mountains causing the wind direction to change very quickly. In 2018 our plane had to change runway direction twice before finally getting airborne.

Edited by FuzzyDuckUK

On 10/7/2023 at 3:17 PM, FuzzyDuckUK said:

It's also a tricky airport for landings/takeoffs due to the adjacent mountains causing the wind direction to change very quickly. In 2018 our plane had to change runway direction twice before finally getting airborne.

If that was the only problem I'd go back tomorrow😎

On 10/6/2023 at 10:44 AM, oscarshep said:

Brilliant cruise on Explorer but we will never use Corfu airport ever again. It's queue after queue after queue.

The airport just cannot cope with the volume of people. We've decided any itinerary with Corfu as home port is off the list in future.

If they treble the facilities in the future we may return. Not Marella's fault but something needs to change.

Agree 100%, my last experience was queuing outside 30+ degrees in mid summer as they'd only allow so many in the terminal at once, once inside no air conditioning and very little seating, I vowed never again and still have no desire to return.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 6:21 PM, S1971 said:

I vowed never again and still have no desire to return.

2 hours ago, vwgolf said:

Just got back from cruising the Adriatic. I can confirm that Corfu Airport is as bad as ever! 

What I said three weeks ago has now materialised into a two weeker with friends who insisted we went with them, you guessed Marella, August on Explorer from Corfu 😲