Possible solution to reduce TV noise between cabins---Oceania management--PLEASE READ

zteamtwo

We just returned from Vista. We could hear neighbors talking on both sides and anyone in the hall as well as TVs on both sides and neighbors when they were on their balconies. We used our Eargasms but could still hear them. One morning the woman on one side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "NO!" while the woman on the other side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "YES!" We could usually hear and understand most words. The morning CD announcements weren't too bad, but assuming most passengers read English, there is no need to restate what is already in the Currents, and no need for announcements on sea days. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, goletans said:

We just returned from Vista. We could hear neighbors talking on both sides and anyone in the hall as well as TVs on both sides and neighbors when they were on their balconies. We used our Eargasms but could still hear them. One morning the woman on one side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "NO!" while the woman on the other side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "YES!" We could usually hear and understand most words. The morning CD announcements weren't too bad, but assuming most passengers read English, there is no need to restate what is already in the Currents, and no need for announcements on sea days. 

My experience having just disembarked Vista was similar to yours with regard to noise. I will say that perhaps noise from other cabins is so noticeable on Vista is that, while walls may be constructed similarly to other ships, there is zero "white noise" from the AC system in cabins. I have never been on a ship with AC so quiet. One would think that is a plus...but not so sure, maybe the loud whisper of AC would be a good thing 🤔 

Ray Carr, the CD did about as good a job as possible in following required mandate from Miami office to read schedule over the PA system multiple times per day. He kept them brief and to the point. 

35 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

On. Istanbul now.  8th Fl cabin. No noise whatsoever….hallway or cabins. 

Same with us when on Vista, 8th deck veranda.  Never an issue.  In fact we were opening the door to hear the announcements. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Same with us when on Vista, 8th deck veranda.  Never an issue.  In fact we were opening the door to hear the announcements. 

I believe the issue revolves around a number of very inconsiderate fellow passenger and the lack of insulation in the walls. We rarely turn our tv on. When we do so it’s often without sound. Therefore our neighbors not hearing anything has nothing to do with adequate sound proofing. 

I further believe that some guests are so inconsiderate that there is no amount of sound proofing that would be adequate. If awake at 04:00, they’ll turn the tv on full blast at 04:00. That’s who they are and what they do. No number of 04:01 calls to the front desk will slow them down. A lot of technological ways to handle, but Oceania probably didn’t invest in it. In my aunt’s assisted living facility, operations can control sound/volume individually or collectively , from the front desk, for all TVs in each room . After 21:00, max sound output on all TVs are dropped significantly. Additionally , between set hours, all the insomniac has is closed captioning. Technology would/could alleviate about 95% of this problem on the ship.

• Like 1