Island Princess, never again

Guest ldtr

8 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

After several world cruises were cancelled by the pandemic, I ended up booking a WC on the Island.  Great itinerary for me, a nice mix of port and sea days, and by watching for price drops, I've been able to save 10K from my initial booking.

I can usually find a workaround for whatever "genius" ideas Princess comes up with - such as increasing the passenger capacity by reducing public spaces.  

We did the 2023 WC and previously Panama Canal cruise plus are doing the '24 WC on the Island - like the itineraries, liked the size of the ship, the crew was great, and we always found somewhere to hang out when that's what we desired.  Sure - miss a wrap around promenade deck but made due for our walking, and the new ships don't really have one either.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

The Island is probably our least favorite Princess ship, partly because their is no International Cafe.  It also just seems crowded.  We'd only sail her again if it was a spectacular itinerary and price.

We feel exactly the same. 

• Like 2

Before the chop up, Island and Coral were our favorite ships (other than the R ships, which of course are now gone}. After the butchery we did cruise the Island once as we agreed to go on a short family cruise.  Just as we feared, the Island was a disaster, and we've avoided it ever since.  So glad we can still cruise the Coral.

• Like 2