Customs in Barcelona

curlstravel

In my opinion, why take the chance?  Seriously, do you truly want to accidentally find yourself having to use a defense of "I just followed what people in a computer forum told me to do instead of looking up the actual laws and policies"?  You do have to understand that what is allowable in one country might not be allowable in another (as either OTC or prescription).

For what it is worth, a bag filled with medications and medical devices is not subject to the bag limit allowances on just about *every* airline.  So we travel with an additional bag that holds a cpap machine, and all medications in original bottles (prescription and non prescription).  Gains us space in our actual bags and since it is entirely medical it is not counted against our total carryons.  We have never had an airline attendant question the extra bag -- but are prepared with the actual guidelines from the airlines (found on both governmental websites and industry websites -- even though they can be hard to locate as they are buried a bit).

You will find a fair number of people who will give you their real life examples of how they did not do the original bottles and everything turned out fine.  (But again, they will not be there in person as part of your defense if something does go wrong).

• Like 1